Consumer unit within meter box!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brickers911

Reaction score
So heres a blast from the past (70's) I would guess, the existing DB is within the meter box, albeit partitioned off. I know the DNO are at bit funny about other equipment in their cabinets. To do it I would need the meter moved and possibly the service head changed for a smaller one. What do you think the DNO will say if I ask them to reposition the meter within the cabinet for this reason? The cabinet is inside the property in the hallway.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-28 at 14.06.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-28 at 14.06.10.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 4
Good point, below the existing rewireables is an RCD for the shower and a small DB for newer kitchen ring main and hob, the easiest option would be to fit a new CU just below the partition, so the meter needs moving down to allow space

Personally I would abandon the original CU and relocate to a new one inside the property. Who wants to go outside whenever something trips?

So heres a blast from the past (70's) I would guess, the existing DB is within the meter box, albeit partitioned off. I know the DNO are at bit funny about other equipment in their cabinets. To do it I would need the meter moved and possibly the service head changed for a smaller one. What do you think the DNO will say if I ask them to reposition the meter within the cabinet for this reason? The cabinet is inside the property in the hallway.
I got stuff in their box, they did not care a crap. They just want to get the service in and go home.

john.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3