Consumer Unit.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
er no ............ the fuse is in place, and when you pull the fuse you would still have to stick your fingers in ..............

The DNO equipment is outside the scope of an EICR ............. only a comment can be made.

There is a large area of exposed live parts with the fuse removed. Obviously if you don't come into contact with it it won't hurt - that doesn't alter the fact that it's dangerous.

DNO equipment isn't really outside the scope of an EICR given that you must assess it for the Schedule of Inspections, which specifically includes it.

As a side point, when i had a smart meter fitted last year, i said to the 'highly trained operative nailing the equipment to my wall & strangling the tails'   it was a pity i had forgot to buy an isolator as it was the ideal time to fit it. He replied  'i can do that, we have been trained how to fit them but aren't supposed to offer them, only if asked'  I was with British Gas & Seimans fitted  (N London) the meter so i dont know if its the same everywhere.

Oh dear god, what have you heard?!  :Blushing
Only that you have excelled & are "one of the lads"

I did some work for one of the local SSE crew lads (wives are work colleagues) up at Henwick, amazes me how they chop & join large ug cables, but have no idea how to replace a heating element in an oven  :slap  

Latest posts