Cost of MCBs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schneider have issued a statement that they do conform, either way, old in new or new in old.
Thanks Sidey .   I noticed with a couple of makes ,  they decide to change the design which then looks carp fitted against it's earlier versions ,  as if its a rogue .

Also dredging the memory for a Crabtree Loadmaster thing ....I seem to remember .....( I'm sure this wasn't me losing it )   ... we had Loadmaster MCBs  with the   busbar  connection marked on it ........  after  installing we noticed that the On / Off  s  were  opposite to a previous board we'd fitted in the same place .       One board the dolly pointed out to the cable connection  for "ON"  while the other was opposite .   

My mate did the first board  , I did the second so may have been our fault but it was confusing .       

Last edited by a moderator:
yep. recently had to get some. £65+ VAT each. which is actually cheaper than the iC60H RCBO's that Deke would have needed for his board
I'm noticing that RCBOs  have crept up in price  ,  I'm too used to using those Control Gear ones .  

And theres more Dual boards going out of my wholesalers I'd say .   

Theres a remote RCD on the circuit I'm messing with so won't actually need an RCBO  there.

Latest posts