Cost of NICEIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with GH..

As a NIC DI I am not allowed to use their logo for anything other than installation work

i.e. MWC's, EIC's, Domestic fire alarm certs, Danger notices and the like

This does not include

PIR's or PATing

Although I do do PIR's and PATing, but just on plain certs (no logo)

BTW I am 2391 qualified!!

just a little update customer rang today to say she had spoken to the council, they backed down to 'just get a certificate'. So why say it in the first place?

just a little update customer rang today to say she had spoken to the council, they backed down to 'just get a certificate'. So why say it in the first place?
because there not electricians and very badly informed on what they are supposed to do with regards to electrical work

You would think that they knew all about the requirements for Part P from their training:

News

NAPIT to assist Local Authority Building Control

NAPIT and NICEIC are working together to assist the Local Authority Building Control Association (LABC) launch a new initiative aimed at using appropriate members of Full Scope Competent Person Schemes to inspect and test work carried out by DIYers and unregistered electricians.

The scheme will see electricians on the LABC approved list being contracted to act as agents of the Local Authority. These contracted electricians will produce a report to confirm that the work inspected complies with the requirements of Part P of the Building Regulations.

Using forms developed by the NAPIT Inspection team specifically for this initiative, the contracted electricians will carry out inspections at First Fix and/or Second Fix stages of the installation as appropriate.

LABC Director John Neal said:

You would think that they knew all about the requirements for Part P from their training:News

NAPIT to assist Local Authority Building Control

NAPIT and NICEIC are working together to assist the Local Authority Building Control Association (LABC) launch a new initiative aimed at using appropriate members of Full Scope Competent Person Schemes to inspect and test work carried out by DIYers and unregistered electricians.

The scheme will see electricians on the LABC approved list being contracted to act as agents of the Local Authority. These contracted electricians will produce a report to confirm that the work inspected complies with the requirements of Part P of the Building Regulations.

Using forms developed by the NAPIT Inspection team specifically for this initiative, the contracted electricians will carry out inspections at First Fix and/or Second Fix stages of the installation as appropriate.

LABC Director John Neal said:

just a quick update rang NIC today, spent 10mins on hold compared to ELECSA where someone picks up the phone straight away, anyway they said i can transfer to their DI scheme free of charge and not have a inspection or pay any money till my ELECSA fees and inspection are due. Got a decision to make now...

Wozz , base your descision on which organization membership is going to generate the most work for you. Thats what it is all about at the end of the day !

Wozz , base your descision on which organization membership is going to generate the most work for you. Thats what it is all about at the end of the day !
Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Its a bit like one of those efficiency questions in your electrical exams...

What is the Input you have to pay....

& what output do they return for you......

work it as a percentage.....

At the end of the day it is NOTHING to do with the technical abilities or quality or their phone service....

more which brand is better known......

Kellogg's or supermarket own brand????

Heinz or own brand???

nutritionally they may be the same... but what do people prefer??????

Latest posts