council houses

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeb1933

Reaction score
hi

is it ok for me to carry work out in a rented council house? never come across this one, first customer to be a council tenant, i thought the council would of had there own sparkies.

You have to be carefull here, some council authorities require you to ask permission before you carry out any work on their properties.

It is always advisable to ask for the landlords permission before you do any work just to cover your own backside in the event of any problems you may have.

you can work on any house, inc council houses, but the tennent may need to get permission from council to do the work

From your point, your gettin paid to do the job, its their responsibility to make sure your OK to do the work - for all you know, it could be private or they may already have permission

If you check back to an earlier thread, I had a problem with a West Mids council who said they would only accept work from NICEIC sparks, I'm ELECSA . Had to email a scan of my certinficate to show Part P .

Deke

thanks for the response guys, rang customer back and they said they already rang council and they said they just want a cert for whats been done by an reg electrician. having a look tomorrow evening shower has packed up!