country flags

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, maybe 'a version of the St. George' is offensive and i didn't mean it to be, but anyone looking in on the link you kindly provide will see what I mean with the white background and red cross on it.It's often displayed at N. Ireland football international team matches, and it's certainly similar to the St. George flag.
or is the st george flag similar to the norn iron one?

as are lots of flags,

switzerland being a prime example.

maybe england copied switzerland and just changed the colours around,

george was a turk anyway, a red crescent would probably be better than a red cross.

a flag is a flag, I wouldnt have bothered if I didnt have to change it to edit my profile,

but hey ho,

admin likes to make it difficult for us,

1984 methinks...........

;)

That's because Wales was part of England and Wales, before the Union with Scotland.

That's because Wales was part of England and Wales, before the Union with Scotland.
OH, I dont really know TBH, but I thought the union flag was developed before the union with wales was ratified and that is why NO welsh part.

a similar situation as to why yorkshire have their own flag, except that its just yorkshiremen are awkward twisted people. :eek:

OH, I dont really know TBH, but I thought the union flag was developed before the union with wales was ratified and that is why NO welsh part.
MRS. KME will be after you - And if you want to find a welsh dragon - look no further.

a similar situation as to why yorkshire have their own flag, except that its just yorkshiremen are awkward twisted people. :eek:
OY!

I used to like you, matey.

After a comment like that, I`m not too sure........Wet Fish

Which flag is correct then , Admin? All I can say is the broad white band should be on top next to the flagpole. And that its the Union Flag not Jack.
Regardless of which side its viewed from!

So, as I said earlier, which side is the flagpole? ]:) ] :)

On second thoughts...

Neither of them, because (unfortunately) the Union Flag doesn't advertise this forum. :D

Admin has not mentioned a flagpole though !!
I agree with you, Deke, thick white band at the top on the flagpole side. This is why I believe that it is neccessary information (excluding my previous post, though :D )

It is the positioning of the white strips on the left, Sandra.