Dilog 6507 Battery Replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening chaps

I've got a Dilog 6507 that is only a couple of months old. It's not working anymore. I'm guessing flat batteries - but the instructions say remove three screws to open the case - there are no screws visible

Has any one else changed their batteries? How do you do it? I don't want to start prying covers off and invalidating the warranty.

Cheers.

Operating Instructions
Preparation and safety measures
Fitting the battery
Before using the instrument, the battery must be
fitted. This is carried out as follows:

Separate the instrument from any circuit, and
remove the test leads.

Open the housing by removing the screw on
the rear face.

Fit a new battery (type 9 V IEC LR6), taking care that
the polarity is correct. Make sure that no wires are
trapped between the 2 halves of the housing, and
close it again
any help ?

from here

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/442175.pdf

No steps, I've got those instruction and some that say batteries are 1.5v.

My clamp has no visible screws, unless I'm looking with man eyes. I'll check tomorrow when I get back to work.

Thanks though

Lol I had this happen to me first time too. Take the plastic tester out the big rubber case to see battery screws. Manipulate it out by stretching the rubber case. Hth

As per m4tty, you need to manipulate it out of the red rubbery case by stretching carefully, better when warm, and the screws will reveal themselves! ;)

I have a machine with a similar cover. The best way I found to remove it was sit it on a towel on top of the storage heater for half an hour. You need time to let the heat penetrate.

[i accept no responsibility for knackering your machine!]

Thanks guys,

In the cold the case doesn't look like it comes off, but warm it up as per patch's suggestion and hey presto.

Simple when you know