Dripping Shower Fan / Roof Vent Question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's getting harder to find any real documentation to "prove" they have done it wrong. It's all very well finding reference to insulated ducting and condensation traps in the English building regs, but I can't find that reference in the Scottish regs which are of course the ones we have to abide by. What;'s worse is the latest version of the Scottish regs are all numbered rather than referenced by letter but still no mention of it.

but for what it's worth I'll pass on the reference in the English Part F and see if that's enough to kick the builders into action.

If I do get the job of putting it right, I'll report back on exactly what fittings these condensation traps really have and what pipe fits them.

Just looking back your OP ....I think the NHBC should deal with this , they would have controlled the new build . Otherwise, what are they for we ask?

I'm working on a new build , the building standard is controlled by them .

IIRC from my own build (supervised by the HNBC Solo for self build) I don;t think much at all is covered after the first 2 years. After that, it pretty much only covers failure of the foundations, i.e subsidence.

I probably would not bother again if we build another house. It cost us just over £1000 and we were talked into it on the basis it would be hard to sell the house in it's first 10 years without NHBC cover. but since we only have 4 years cover remaining and it's very very unlikely we will be moving in that time, you could say it was a waste of money.

Latest posts