easycert and niciec cert numbers???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsjheeta

Reaction score
Hi

1st post

I searched a few of these posts on this forum and a few are using easy cert.

as im thinking about buying it.

My question is

If i buy Easycert and im NICIEC reg. How does the cert numbers work? as the paper ones have the cert numbers?

do i need to buy electric cert numbers of niciec or can i use my own for my own reference? or use the part p reg number when reggin a job?

As im very unclear about this?

hope to here from you alot

Hi 1st post

I searched a few of these posts on this forum and a few are using easy cert.

as im thinking about buying it.

My question is

If i buy Easycert and im NICIEC reg. How does the cert numbers work? as the paper ones have the cert numbers?

do i need to buy electric cert numbers of niciec or can i use my own for my own reference? or use the part p reg number when reggin a job?

As im very unclear about this?

hope to here from you alot
Hello & Welcome to the forum,

As you say, there are several members who use it. One that springs to mind and is NICEIC Registered is "kme".

Hopefully, He will be online later to confirm?! (if not, it will be Tonight).

Here's a link to purchase it (should you wish to):

http://www.tysoft.co.uk/index.html?advert=electricianforum

Best Regards,

Admin.

We have been using Easycert for our NIC paperwork for 3 years now. Its a bit of a con the NIC offering numbers for sale. Each Easycert package has a unique set of numbers. Before that i used the downloaded IEE ones and used my invoice numbers on the corresponding certs. As long as you have traceable records, your ok.

Thanks Admin.

With Easycert, you can specify that you`re using NICEIC forms, and it allows you to enter the certificate number for every type of form. Every time you issue a particular cert; the number is automatically incremented.

For example: Suppose I buy a pack of "IMN2" minor works forms. When they arrive, I note that the first cert. in the pack is "IMN2/010926"

I enter that info into easycert. Every time I do a minor works, the relative cert. no. is appended.

This becomes far more useful when doing larger certs, with continuation pages. All continuation pages are supplied blank; and you add your own number. Because Easycert already knows the number of the cert. you`re issuing, it prints the correct cert. no. onto the continuation pages.

I`ve recently taken out the "elite" package, with the PDA software. Review to come shortly....... Easycert is a very impressive piece of software, and Brian at Tysoft will answer any general queries you have very knowledgeably (well, he always has with me!)

HTH

KME

KME

So if your saying if I start mine from no 1 it would not be a problem? Due to the fact I can trace it to my paperwork(invoicing)

So why hav niciec got software and electronic cert number which u can buys?

So different when u look into this very deep.

Cause I'm sure u can it trace it by address or order number

?

As I like the trial software looks good same style niceic setup just this main questions really

For to add that when.as a sub the company uses their ordernumber and that's it? Would that be efficent

So if your saying if I start mine from no 1 it would not be a problem? Due to the fact I can trace it to my paperwork(invoicing)
Thats exactly what I did when I started using easycert, first number was 001 & I set the software to increment all certs accordingly.

Sorry I'm on da bb so adding while I get home.

So kme wouldn't that b the overprint opition. As I have sEen the full cert layout too so that means no need to buy the books? Or even the cert numbewr

Cause you pay. That.much but. U also paying the books too

What the NICEIC really like to see is that your certs have a serial number... any number will do - I tend to use the date in reverse i.e. 20100611-1 what they then like to see is a certificate log with the date you did the work, the address, work carried out, notified date & notified reference number (if applicable)

This all comes down to what cert you`re going to use.

If you`re using "amtech" software, for instance, you can print NICEIC forms onto blank paper. However, as NIC keep a record of which contractor has what NICEIC cetificate number, they sell you numbers for use with that particular software package.

Easycert doesn`t do this. It will lay the information out to FIT on a regular NICEIC cert, which already has a number attached.

If you don`t want or need an "NICEIC" cert, Easycert will allow you to print your own "BS7671" version; which is when you choose your own number, and the software increments it automatically.

Clearer?

KME

I`ve recently taken out the "elite" package, with the PDA software. Review to come shortly....... Easycert is a very impressive piece of software, and Brian at Tysoft will answer any general queries you have very knowledgeably (well, he always has with me!)

HTH

KME

KME
:C Brian now has a job?!

:C

Just to clarify things, when filling out Easycert you can select either BS7671 forms which print the whole thing, or NICEIC forms which only print your typed input, as you buy and insert in the printer the NICEIC blank forms.

We have never bought NICEIC paperwork & they don't insist you do. We use the BS7671 page and have added the NICEIC logo in a couple of places. On all but the domestic forms Easycert even has the spaces for your enrolment numbers etc.

When I was with the NICEIC before NAPIT, I used easycert. In my opinion for the money, it's the best out there. I'm going to get the updated version now I'm back with the NICEIC (16th edition certs in my old software). I like to use the NICEIC certs and you can enter the ref numbers into the software. I also like the ability to produce survey certs for when you test onsite, saves photo copying the NICEIC forms ;)

The one thing that really really really annoys me about Easycert is if you dont take out the customer care package you get the reminder message pop up every time you use the software, even when you click the 'dont remind me again' box. Official reply we received about this was 'Tough' X(X( X(

Thanks all your info, very useful. At least its one way of saving money and saving time once its setup properly

Doing test prints and trying the best to get the logo in the right place lol

Cheers all