Eddi - just installed and a little stuck

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WitlessWonder

Reaction score
On other threads advice led me to the Eddi solar diverter which I love. I've now installed it which was very straight forward but it doesn't appear to be doing what I expected. I thought if I popped a photo of the Eddi's screen someone with more experience may immediately know what the issue is. Sorry to be needy!

Eddi balanced.jpgEddi exporting to the sun.jpg

Have done, the CT clamp is still between the consumer unit and the smart meter, still on live wire but now the arrow is pointing to the smart meter per the photo. The eddi appears to still think i'm exporting to the panels!: After swapping the CT.jpgCU and meter.jpg

I re-paired the Harvi as had seen someone say something about that resolving their issue. The CT goes into CT1 in the harvi so per the instructions manual i've ensured that CT1 is set to "generation only" in the Eddi's settings.

I just thought throwing myself at this forum's mercy may be better before heading to Myenergi's support

I have noticed that it takes a surplus of about 300 w before anything is sent to the immersion

is the ct clamp in the first or 2nd set of connections ?

@Murdoch. Thanks. The Octopus IHD seems to be showing a good amount of excess at times (1-1.5kw). Apologies to be slow, I understand you're asking if the wires for the CT clamp are going into the CT1 or CT2 ports of the Harvi? CT1. If that isn't what you're asking please can you humour me and ask in a different way, or in CAPS :)

Harvi naked.jpg

Hold up, I think I realised what I'd done!....I only have one CT clamp (connected to the live between the smart meter and the consumer unit, changed back to arrow pointing to the consumer unit), which is connected to the Harvi. In the Eddi I had set the Harvi CT to "Generation only" whereas I believe I should have set this to "Grid". It seems happier but wouldn't you know it, the sun has now gone in, so I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks Binky/Murdoch - but do shout if you think i'm barking up the wrong tree!

Hold up, I think I realised what I'd done!....I only have one CT clamp (connected to the live between the smart meter and the consumer unit, changed back to arrow pointing to the consumer unit), which is connected to the Harvi. In the Eddi I had set the Harvi CT to "Generation only" whereas I believe I should have set this to "Grid". It seems happier but wouldn't you know it, the sun has now gone in, so I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks Binky/Murdoch - but do shout if you think i'm barking up the wrong tree!
It needs to be set to grid, 100%. Have you set a schedule for off peak operation?

It needs to be set to grid, 100%. Have you set a schedule for off peak operation?
Cheers John. Ah, no, is that to heat the water using off peak cheap rates?

Rightly or wrongly I've convinced myself that as we're high use peak time that tracker is the best tariff for us so don't have that opportunity.

I'm planning to still use my gas to heat the water, I guess at the end of the day to give solar the best chance of doing the heavy lifting.

Cheers John. Ah, no, is that to heat the water using off peak cheap rates?
Yes, I thought you were on an off peak tariff.

I'm planning to still use my gas to heat the water, I guess at the end of the day to give solar the best chance of doing the heavy lifting.
Yes, I'm currently using gas for water heating every morning, Octopus tracker is around 4p kWh so it's cheaper than off peak electricity. EDDI does its job through the day and the gas often doesn't do anything for the early morning hot water program.

Latest posts