Elecsa Assessment Tomorrow!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be needing one when the manufacturers put in their instructions that terminal screws are to be torqued to a set limit  ;)

Told a story today of a Hager board fire, all parties arrived at the location where the fire occurred.

The Hager tech rep asked "can you show us how you tighten the terminals" sparks gets out a normal driver tightens the first terminal.

Hager hand over their instructions where it states the use of a torque driver is required & excuse themselves from the gathering stating the consumer unit has been incorrectly installed & any responsibility for the failure lies with the installing contractor.

Hence there may be a requirement in the future to show a torque drive on assessments, that info was from my assessor today.

Even states it on the Hager youtube advert

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qQUfrnYt46g?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that your Torque Driver will also require a calibration certificate!££££££££££

...and i would imagine an ongoing documented system of "checking" said calibration££££££££

I happen to have a "calibrated torque calibration checker" which MM has duly calibrated for me!........so come next Annual Assessment "bring it on!!"

Just musing

what we need to do at the next elex or whatever, is ask for a demonstration of installing a cable in a CU from one of the CU manufacturers, then ask why they didnt use a torque driver...

Actually my "VDE" torque screwdriver has in its instructions that it does not require calibration, only that it is merely recommended after so many cycles.

Lets see the scams go against manufacturers instructions shall we?

Actually my "VDE" torque screwdriver has in its instructions that it does not require calibration, only that it is merely recommended after so many cycles.

That is interesting!

You can see what is coming next from the "paper checkers" can't you?

"Well Mr Snakey can you show me your audited list of EVERY screw you have tightened with this torque driver?

Otherwise how do you know when to recalibrate it, Sir"

It just goes on and on

NICEIC/every scam provider will soon be streamlining their paperwork to four lines

Dear Sir/madam

How much profit did you make last year after pulling your stump out 7 days a week?

Send it!

Regards, the Scams

I havent had a cycle since I was a boy.

how do they know who cycles and who drives anyway?  :C

yer, I worked in a guys house a few years back,

he had one of those proper road bikes,

him and his missus/girlfriend done a few thousand miles round Europe on them one summer  :eek:

You'll be needing one when the manufacturers put in their instructions that terminal screws are to be torqued to a set limit  ;)

Told a story today of a Hager board fire, all parties arrived at the location where the fire occurred.

The Hager tech rep asked "can you show us how you tighten the terminals" sparks gets out a normal driver tightens the first terminal.

Hager hand over their instructions where it states the use of a torque driver is required & excuse themselves from the gathering stating the consumer unit has been incorrectly installed & any responsibility for the failure lies with the installing contractor.

Hence there may be a requirement in the future to show a torque drive on assessments, that info was from my assessor today.

Even states it on the Hager youtube advert

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qQUfrnYt46g?feature=oembed
How does anyone know that someone else has disconected for testing , say , and not re- torqued the terminals up ?

Just wondering .

All so very true Deke, just like test and inspections, you test it one day another day 5WW goes in and does a cash job, so your certificate is only valid on the day of test and inspection, it don't last forever.

So you did screw up today, how can anyone confirm its not been tampered with.

I have not used mine since owning it over a year ago now, just another you must have rule and money in bank for all those concerned.

All so very true Deke, just like test and inspections, you test it one day another day 5WW goes in and does a cash job, so your certificate is only valid on the day of test and inspection, it don't last forever.

So you did screw up today, how can anyone confirm its not been tampered with.

I have not used mine since owning it over a year ago now, just another you must have rule and money in bank for all those concerned.
Bit of an old thread, Niceic sell numbered anti tamper stickers exactly for that reason.

Bit of an old thread, Niceic sell numbered anti tamper stickers exactly for that reason.
anyone with any brains would know that numbered anti-tamper stickers can be bought from a lot of places,

Ive seen more bodge jobs done by NICEIC members than any other scam ,

even allowing for a pro-rata membership,

%s round here would show niceic members are worse than any others.

Latest posts