Electric Shock From A Radiator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a technical point of view this book is appalling, and I too cannot work out whether this is all just an elaborate joke. Although a mere 13 pages, the author has managed to cram in more spelling, grammar and technical errors than I ever thought was possible.

The first time I read this book I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe! I showed this book around at work, and I am clearly not the only person who thinks this book is laugh out loud funny. Any qualified electrician reading this book will be shouting `what the ****?!' at every page. As this book is not found in the comedy section, it gets the lowest rating available: one star.

As well as the bizarre earthing arrangements suggested, the author appears obsessed with the notion of frayed flexes coming into contact with radiator pipes. There are several diagrams showing this, all of which appear to have been hurriedly drawn with Paint or similar software, not what you would expect from a published piece.

The author regularly misuses electrical terms and adds a lot of jargon, I assume to appear knowledgeable, but it is quite clear the author has a very limited understanding of the subject he is writing about. The bits of information that are taken from the regs books, appear to be taken from previous, obsolete versions. I gave up trying to edit my copy of the book as there were just too many errors. I was running out of space to fit all the corrections. As such, this book should be used for entertainment purposes only.

I could add more details to this review, but I don't want it to end up longer than the book itself. For the limited information and huge number of errors, this book is not worth the money at all. How disappointing.

Guys - I'm going to close this thread now. This thread is NOT about throwing book reviews at the chap. If you want to talk about his book start a new thread.

I suspect he'd like to talk about it, but unless you've read it then it's not particularly fair to comment.

Apache,

This guy is positively dangerous, I don't believe that this should be closed, however, I'm not going to re-open it.

His ridiculous ideas need outing before someone follows his advice and hurts themselves, or even worse someone else.

His OP was baiting.

His books need to be brought up at anytime he posts because that is where he will take the discussion.

I asked that everyone be polite, and so far everyone has.

His books and ideas are not based on any science, or fact, and he has as yet failed to provide any substantive theory or argument to support his ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the VO discussions we had sometime ago, probably best to keep locked before hatchet job ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.