Electrician tazered

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have always used snickers workwear for years and like the toolvests, and hook the snickers knife on the designated button on left top pocket.

Anyway was working town centre fitting downlights in clothes shop, knife hooked on button, screwdrivers and strippers in pocket and forget to bring in half the kit in from the van, so walked out of shop only to be shouted at "stop right there" I looked round and two officers looking really on edge, "what you doing" going to van I said "not with that on you your not" I did not have a clue what the hell they were talking about until they started pointing at my top pocket.

Warned me about having an offensive weapon but could see it was part of my tool kit and just said next time take it off and leave it in your pocket or something, I could see their point though but did not give it a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've often wondered what would happen if Mr Plod stopped me walking down the street with my tool belt containing various tools and usually at least one knife. Thankfully I don't do much city centre stuff so that's unlikely to ever be an issue.

It's supposed to be an automatic prison sentence up here for "carrying a knife"

My BIL once checked into a flight from Aus back to the UK and while sitting in the departure lunge realised he had a knife in his pocket that had escaped the security checks. I think he discretely put it in a bin.

I was always under the impression that it was illegal to carry a knife unless you had a specific purpose, within reason, for example as stated above an electrician with a knife on a tool vest then that's fine but ann walkin down the street with a machete sayin he's trimming his hedge lol but I could be wrong

If you read the comments left they are what i would have thought, He was drunk & causing a nuisance & to add to it the screwdriver could be seen.He also had a knife. The Police dont just tazer anybody. Theres a lot more to this that the paper didn't publish.

Latest posts