Ending a phone contract early

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on this. Have made numerous calls to T Mobile and tried all the options and it is still unacceptable. There is not a reliable signal on T Mobile or Orange. Even though the coverage map shows as 'very good' I was asked if there was any 'geographical features' nearby I said ' a hill' and they said that was probably the cause until I told them my house was at the top of the hill. Then they tried to say that it was because there were houses nearby! err yes there are and I'm in one now. That might affect it then they said.

The bottom line they say is that I took out the contract in January (in Blackpool) and had 7 days to work out if the signal was good enough! They insist I have to pay the whole outstanding contract to get out.

The bottom line they say is that I took out the contract in January (in Blackpool) and had 7 days to work out if the signal was good enough! They insist I have to pay the whole outstanding contract to get out.
That was my understanding with the contracts too.

and me so im starting my own up, :slap

29.99 any time phone, broadband included in monthly allowance, up unlimited internet usage fair use policy ;) 12 month contract upon ending early tho you agree by signing the dotted line that we CJ phone services reserve the right to charge you the customer

A friend of mine got bought out of a contract by another provider to take their phones across, but that was a multiple handset business contract, and they are the ones who got the repeater fitted in their office to get the business by Orange!

I will ask and see if I can get some kind of deal. I have bought an O2 Sim and stuck it in my spare Nokia 2720. so far it works a treat in places where the T mobile is carp. It just galls me to think I have to pay for a phone that I cant use for another 15 months!

Set a divert 'when not available' on your mobile to divert to your O2 number

This will give you evidence of poor coverage

Have a look at ofcom sitfinder to see the actual masts in your area. I find this useful with Orange as they are incompotent and tell you what you want to hear.

My mobile records all calls and I got out of 3 Orange contracts early (one only 5 months old) as the guy in India told me lies to get me off the phone- he told me that 3g sharing with t-mob would be on in 2 days and if it wasn't I could call back and cancel the contract- I had to send a copy of the call to Orange Exec office who apologised and actually said it was the worst customer service he had heard and it made him ashamed to work for the same company

The problem is the offshore call centres

The sitefinder map gives you the site reference of the mast and you can ask specifically about that mast. If it's down and not repaired then you should be able to get out of the contract

You have to raise it with T-mob as an official complaint and go through their complaints procedure. Print off a copy of the coverage map at your home before you complain incase they change it.

Once you have complained you can ask for a stalemate letter and go to Ofcom, who are more likely to rule in your favour

I have moved to Tesco Mobile (who use O2 network) and find them excellent

Thanks still not getting anywhere with this. Can someone explain to me about the stalemate letter? I am using a PAYG O2 phone as I need to be available with being issued a van and being on call as of next week. I will be looking for a new phone which is above all else good for receiving a signal. Anyone got any recommendations? I will post a fresh thread and see what suggestions I get.

rev,

Surely if the Co. wants you on call then they should supply the phone?

Else then the one you have is fine.

I understand your problem, and I sympathise, however, I can't quite understand why you are having to pay out financially for the on call bit?

rev,Surely if the Co. wants you on call then they should supply the phone?

Else then the one you have is fine.

I understand your problem, and I sympathise, however, I can't quite understand why you are having to pay out financially for the on call bit?
he may have a works phone... :innocent

OK but, that is not his problem to sort a new phone or contract then is it?I may be reading this all wrong?
well, if he has a works phone, then there may be no need for a personal phone... but using the work bit as a reason to cancel

Andy,

Perhaps, but I doubt that the phone co. will see it that way.

This has being going on a while now IIRC?

I can't even remember what the whole issue was now.

I am on call as of a couple of weeks time. There are three of us and we rotate the cover. The system just diverts the calls to whoever is on call that week - ie diverts to their phone. The issue is that T Mobile have a coverage map and it gave me the impression from postcode search that my address should have good coverage for voice and text when in reality it is either 'no service' or 'emergency calls only' I have had several suggestions from T Mobile on how to improve things but its still an unusable pile of carp as far as I'm concerned.

rev,

Right, so, they are in breach of their contract, on what you have said above.

However, how can your employer expect you to pay out for a mobile phone for their benefit, what if you have other issues in your life that mean you can no longer afford to pay out for a mobile?