Ending a phone contract early

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on call as of a couple of weeks time. There are three of us and we rotate the cover. The system just diverts the calls to whoever is on call that week - ie diverts to their phone. The issue is that T Mobile have a coverage map and it gave me the impression from postcode search that my address should have good coverage for voice and text when in reality it is either 'no service' or 'emergency calls only' I have had several suggestions from T Mobile on how to improve things but its still an unusable pile of carp as far as I'm concerned.
Have you given up the preaching then as if not how do you go about Sunday service?

I would want to sort this out regardless of being on call. I am more than happy to pay for a phone contract and also be available for call outs on that number. Not an issue at all. The issue is T Mobile and their service and how to get out of a contract. So far they have given me a months contract free because of the issues and have now offered the next 6 months at a reduced rate. That to me is an admission that its no good. So whats this 'stalemate letter'?

Sepp, I decided that it wasnt working out in Blackpool and came back to my home town and got a really nice job on the port looking after the shoreside installations.

I would want to sort this out regardless of being on call. I am more than happy to pay for a phone contract and also be available for call outs on that number. Not an issue at all. The issue is T Mobile and their service and how to get out of a contract. So far they have given me a months contract free because of the issues and have now offered the next 6 months at a reduced rate. That to me is an admission that its no good. So whats this 'stalemate letter'?Sepp, I decided that it wasnt working out in Blackpool and came back to my home town and [got a really nice job on the port looking after the shoreside installations.
Till the middle of winter comes along and your stuck up a crane and it's freezing.

OK heres what I did. Certain that the T mobile signal was useless (it was I tried the sim in a few phones) I took out another contract with O2 and got a free Nokia N8 which seems excellent. The decision to go O2 was based on the last 2 months where I also carried a Nokia 2720 with an O2 PAYG sim which worked fine and never failed to give me a signal.

Now today, I find 'no signal' on the new N8. put the sim in the old 2720 and there is a signal. Put sim back in the N8 and try to call and call the N8 from house phone and no signal unable to make or receive calls!

Am I to summise from all this nonsense that I need to stick with a basic non smart phone and take the N8 back?

cant believe it. been watching the signal on the N8 and one moment theres no signal at all next minute theres 5 out of 6 bars. Whats going on?

Try switching 3g off mate,, you might get a better signal on it then.

I've got a HTC Desire and have it switched to 2g all day,, saves loads on the battery and I get a great signal... I switch it to 3g now and then if I need internet or to access emails

its going back in the box and back to the shop - useless pile of carp - just read a load of posts about people having similar issues. should have checked first rather than believeing what people in the shop tell me