Eu Vote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should UK Remain in EU on the referendum.

• Total voters
this referendum is stupid from the start, life isn't black and white, there should be a third option ie economic union with EO without the political union, that imho is really what people want.

I shal be voting out, I can't see any other way to lose the political ties.

In out in out

You shake it all about

You do the okey cokey and you turn around

THAT's what its all about.

Definitely out. The in lot will say that we need the "human rights act" but YOU try and invoke it.... It only applies to foreign rapists, criminals, bogus asylum seekers and islamic lunatics.

Then there is all the "workers rights" stuff, ha ha, you try to invoke that.. dream on.... it is all worthless..

Wait till in 30 years [if ever] you find out how much british money has gone to propping up the euro, will make the banks look cheap..

All it is, is a retirement home for failed politicians.

Can we now have pints, gallons, pounds, and proper money back????

john...

I can only draw one conclusion.

People who use internet forums are VERY different from the average UK voter.

This poll, and another on a boating forum I use, both show a huge majorirty saying they will vote to leave the EU.  Yet opinion polls show it to be a very close thing.  Why the difference?

Mind you opinion polls are not always right......

This is probably the biggest and most important vote that will take place in my lifetime. 

Out for me. 

They mention The Human Rights Act but we could draw up a UK version if we pleased.  The only other thing the 'In' lot seem to have is lower mobile phone charges. Big deal. 

People are "afraid" to admit that they will and WANT to vote to stay in. Remember the out supporters have been voicing their views since the early 90's in all that time you never really heard much from the want to stay crowd and why would you ....people who want what we already have don't/didn't need to do anything...Same with the Scottish referendum EVERYONE talking about it were very clear that they wanted to vote to have independence. I live in Scotland and got pretty well into debating the pro's and cons of that referendum online and in real life. I'll be honest and say from speaking to people before the scottish indi vote you would have thought the out the uk camp were going to win by at least an 80/20 majority.....But the silent majority won it quite convincingly. The same will happen here imho. After the Scottish referendum im afraid im a bit "tired" of arguing my side...But I believe for many reasons that we should vote to stay. I just wish someone else would come along and tell everyone why lol. There are many examples of very good things that the EU has done for us and there are plenty of reasons to say tell em to ****** off - we here about the ****** off reasons ALL the time every day online, on tv, in print media ect ect ect, I have not yet heard one influential figure explain to the masses what the "good" stuff that the EU have done and will do for us all. The bookies are offering as high as 5/2 for an out vote....they were correct about Scotland and I think they will be correct about this.

The reality is that the individual man on the street would probably not want to be in the EU, however the animal nature within us collectively whereby we operate in tribal or pack like nature will influence The majority to vote the same way thus leaving a 'in' vote. 

Fear at is the biggest reason people will not vote to be out of Europe! Fear of the Unknown. 

Fear at is the biggest reason people will want vote to be out of Europe!

Problem is that the EU stands for a single parliament, no borders, unelected morons rule and the fact that 1 tin pot EU country can scupper the best laid plans means a deffo out for me,

If they roll back the clock, remove the Euro and concentrate on a single market then the EU would grow rapidly - but they won't

And for the scaremongering saying the EU had kept the peace for 50 years - what hogwash. Nobody in the "old" EU would pick a war on their neighbour - but now with the EU tensions are rising fast..........

This is probably the biggest and most important vote that will take place in my lifetime. 

Out for me. 

They mention The Human Rights Act but we could draw up a UK version if we pleased.  The only other thing the 'In' lot seem to have is lower mobile phone charges. Big deal. 
Human rights act is an OUT issue for me.

Lets have a human rights act that protects decent people and is NOT used to stop terrorists and murderers from being extradited to face trial.

this referendum is stupid from the start, life isn't black and white, there should be a third option ie economic union with EO without the political union, that imho is really what people want.

I shal be voting out, I can't see any other way to lose the political ties.
Like Binky has said , the third option would be good , economic union without being ordered about by the gnomes of Brussels .

The EU  is a bigger economic market than China or the USA and personally I think we should be in there , flogging stuff , to use a technical term . 

It seems that the fat controllers of the EU constantly veto British agendas ....but people forget that the French used to delay truckloads of far eastern goods at their borders by forcing them to use only one crossing point .......meanwhile more French goods were on the markets.    Dunno if they still do that .

Canada has an EU trade treaty. Turkey has an EU trade treaty. Do you honestly think that if we leave the EU say on the Friday then Saturday morning all trade will cease?  I drive a Japanese truck. Are we within a political union with Japan?  No!  Believe it or not it was very simple to purchase. 

It it will take years to finalise the detail if we vote out and trade agreements will be drawn up. Remember, the U.K. imports a little t also from the EU so it is in their interests also to ensure trade is ongoing. 

Like Binky has said , the third option would be good , economic union without being ordered about by the gnomes of Brussels .

The EU  is a bigger economic market than China or the USA and personally I think we should be in there , flogging stuff , to use a technical term . 

It seems that the fat controllers of the EU constantly veto British agendas ....but people forget that the French used to delay truckloads of far eastern goods at their borders by forcing them to use only one crossing point .......meanwhile more French goods were on the markets.    Dunno if they still do that .

LOL... don't you think that we need to manufacture something before we can sell it????

Canada has an EU trade treaty. Turkey has an EU trade treaty. Do you honestly think that if we leave the EU say on the Friday then Saturday morning all trade will cease?  I drive a Japanese truck. Are we within a political union with Japan?  No!  Believe it or not it was very simple to purchase. 

It it will take years to finalise the detail if we vote out and trade agreements will be drawn up. Remember, the U.K. imports a little t also from the EU so it is in their interests also to ensure trade is ongoing. 
But remember that  Nissan , Toyota etc build cars in Britain to access the bigger EU market ,  bringing employment , seeing as we were incapable of maintaining our own car industry.