EV Charger Installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allyboy

Reaction score
Hi - I hope I am asking this question in the right area.

I have just had an EV charger installed but the electrician has left no documentation at all to record the work. Clearly I am going to chase this up but is there a definitive document I should be asking for - a description of works, an assurance and guarantee, specifically around his work in the Consumer Unit?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Al R

Bearing in mind the building regs (part p) completeion cert is issued by the scheme he is registered with, he owes you the notification to them, and the EIC but once that is done, the actual issuing is out of his hands and will be as fast or slow as they work.

The EIC I would expect he would send in the post with the invoice, very few people hand write them these days, and even if they did, leaving it on site would only be possible if the guy happened to be the QS as well (Which in a one man band, to be fair, is likely the case, not so in bigger firms)

If I wrote certs on site, they'd be unreadable!, thats why I type them!

As all charge points are 'smart' these days, likely youll have to go on the manufacturers website and enter the serial number and some details to register it, then install a program on your mobile phone to control it

Bearing in mind the building regs (part p) completeion cert is issued by the scheme he is registered with, he owes you the notification to them, and the EIC but once that is done, the actual issuing is out of his hands and will be as fast or slow as they work.

The EIC I would expect he would send in the post with the invoice, very few people hand write them these days, and even if they did, leaving it on site would only be possible if the guy happened to be the QS as well (Which in a one man band, to be fair, is likely the case, not so in bigger firms)

If I wrote certs on site, they'd be unreadable!, thats why I type them!

As all charge points are 'smart' these days, likely youll have to go on the manufacturers website and enter the serial number and some details to register it, then install a program on your mobile phone to control it

in the post?

does any actually post anything these days?

I email my invoice, EIC and Part p together.