Experience or Qualifications?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im just finishing my 1st year of the 2330 course and i would have to say that id prefer someone who is qualified rather than experienced , there are always going to be cowboys out there . In every job i have worked in there have been people who have experience and they think they know it all , but unless you're properly trained i don't think you should be out there working on people's houses .

just feeling unloved, but since you asked here's the rant... I have put myself through college over the last four years, my firm hasn't paid for anything. I'm just about to finish the NVQ 3, already have2330, 2391, am2 etc but the company seems to see no value in any of this.No van, no payrise since i started without any experience or qualifications. There's a fella on the firm who's been working for years, good domestic spark and a nice guy but no certificates and no desire to get any and he gets everything he wants. Nice company van Jib rates etc...

Desperately trying to find another job but so is everyone else round here so i was just wondering what the wider world thought. This firm seems quite insular and not particularly foreward looking... Just bumbling along...
You have more chance being employed elsewhere than the fella with no qualifications . It will come good for You soon , You'll see ..

I've met electricians mates/labourers who amaze me with knowledge. Its a catch 22 and all depends on the candidate.

Latest posts