feed in tarriffs solar pv

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
General concensus seems to be a drop off in demand until maybe March; then a gradual build up again......the Fits has dropped off; but the increases in energy prices, and lower costs of materials, will probably offset 50% of the reduction; giving an overall effective 10% repayment - not as good as the current 14%+, but better than the 7% from the FiTs alone.

Ian: What did they say, then mate?

Grapevine not to be quoted or relied upon!!

Gov will announce around the 11th, relaxing cut until 23rd Dec (End of consultation) in response to industry representations re orders already recieved before announcemant. Then FIT to be pegged at 27-28p in line with rest of Europe

But as prev. rises in elecricity likely to around 12-15%, drop in component prices will see renewd vigour in the market place.

Certainly hope that is the case, with exception of relaxing cut off date - don't think i can cope with another bun-fight. I do feel however that anyone who has paid deposit and has had it registered with REAL should be allowed to have install done.

The large companies directors are wanting clarity as to what is happening, as by the time a customer had signed up for a deal, changes are implemented and the deals all have to be changed. 50% price cuts are going to result in mass job losses. I wasn't paying too much attention, was busy on the laptop at the time.