Find The Testers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note to self.

I must not read questions Too literally.

I was working on "Dylan Thomas" but discounted him as being a POET not an AUTHOR.

Trick question?

Or am I a bad looser?

Well I went wrong with King Harold II the one that supposedly got the arrow in his eye spent an age trying to find what the marker at the place he fell was called. It did take me a while to get the right king. I know a lot about the battle of Hastings now.

Can you put me out of my misery and post all the stages to arriving at that answer please?
5 Cwmdonkin Drive

delancey st

arrow

william II [william rufus]

the rufus stone,

my, my, what a history lesson, if this is wrong Im going to stop drinking!

headbang
there you go Dave.

Im kinda glad that I only knew one Welsh author,

Well i had a moment of inspiration and started in the middle, to,save time!

in 1999 Gerry Rafferty had a song called Baker Street from the album of the same name.  Track 11 was called " bring it all home "

Mr Rafferty was NOT related, as far as i can tell, related to William the Conqueror NOR was he in any way responsible for a Royal death.

so, in summary, what a waste of fecking time my cunning plan was

i got it right in the end though

Well I went wrong with King Harold II the one that supposedly got the arrow in his eye spent an age trying to find what the marker at the place he fell was called. It did take me a while to get the right king. I know a lot about the battle of Hastings now.
I did that,, but then I didn't have time today to do further research,, until now :(  

I now know that Roald Dahll was Welsh,!

I seem to recall somewhere in english lit many years ago being taught that Bob Dylan took inspiration from his namesake, the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas,

thats where I started, although all my reasons for doing so may have been wrong,

and my memory sometimes makes things up,

it turned out right,  :)

BTW

3 fecking hours I spent on it,!  headbang

Can you put me out of my misery and post all the stages to arriving at that answer please?
Famous Author - Dylan Thomas (a bit welsh concentric i know)

Address in London - Delancey Street (has blue Plaque)

Album is Delancey Street by Rachael Sage (actually about a street in New York)

Track 11 is called Arrow

The 3rd son of William 1 was William II (Also known as Rufus)

Killed by an arrow in the new forest

This is marked by the Rufus Stone

I now know that Roald Dahll was Welsh,!

I seem to recall somewhere in english lit many years ago being taught that Bob Dylan took inspiration from his namesake, the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas,

thats where I started, although all my reasons for doing so may have been wrong,

and my memory sometimes makes things up,

it turned out right,  :)

BTW

3 fecking hours I spent on it,!  headbang
I got there (well nearly) in 10 minutes, so was the first, but very graciously refused the meter as I did not get all the answers right, but still got to the Rufus Stone. ;)

Note to self.

I must not read questions Too literally.

I was working on "Dylan Thomas" but discounted him as being a POET not an AUTHOR.

Trick question?

Or am I a bad looser?
Not a bad loser I'm sure, however he did write a shed load of poems but also Under Milkwood (a book first).

This is a list of his works

Sports quiz coming soon ]:)

Not ladies beach volleyball??? ( tongue hanging out smiley to be inserted........)

Other than that or motorsport - me be stuffed too :(

( that said - as `pache quite rightly says - with wiki, anything is possible ]:)

Latest posts