Frost stat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
http://i18.tinypic.com/8awjmvp.jpg

Haven't got access to any of my wiring diagrams on my puter so borowed this link from one from the forum.

My Question is where would a frost stat be wired to.

Full live to stat and return to the same connection on the s/l of the room stat, ie terminal 5 in the jb.

Is this correct as I have never had to include one on a system before and the plumber has asked for one in the garage, as some of the pipe work runs through it.

Macca

You will also need a pipe stat otherwise when it gets cold boiler will constantly run. A honeywell wiring guide will show how its wired up.

Live feed to air stat, out of air stat to common on pipe stat sw/l out of pipe stat to boiler sw/l if its a y plan, or the brown on the water valve if its an s plan. The reason being that a 3 port (y plan) resides in the water position and therefore allows the water to circulate, but on 2 port, both valves will be shut so you have to open a valve to prevent the boiler locking out.

Live feed to air stat, out of air stat to common on pipe stat sw/l out of pipe stat to boiler sw/l if its a y plan, or the brown on the water valve if its an s plan. The reason being that a 3 port (y plan) resides in the water position and therefore allows the water to circulate, but on 2 port, both valves will be shut so you have to open a valve to prevent the boiler locking out.
+1 did one on a Y plan the other day.

Latest posts