Garage fire alarm with external siren

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't agree.
I checked the reviews, of the 30, 2 did not like them, 1 was because they couldn't press the silence button, and 1 who had to change the battery. There were also 2 who said they do not comply with Scottish regulations, but the seller does not say that they do comply to Scottish regulations.
Those that got them then added more, did not report a problem when they read the manual (Said it took a couple of tries, often people do not read manual correctly.) Smoke alarms by default have no user serviceable parts other than the battery, so yes if it fails change it.

I would have no problem installing them here if I needed them. (I changed all mine 2 weeks ago, as they were slightly over 10 years old)
You clearly put a very lowly value on safety

The product you linked to is a Grade D2 alarm, I believe Aico stopped manufacturing them a few years ago as BS 5839-6 was updated,
When you look at the specs and alarm requirements just because a property is owner occupied why should it be that it is allowable to use detectors that wouldn't be allowed if it was a rental property

As for the reviews following the link you posted that shows 2352 reviews and having read some of the lower ratings it would suggest a failure rate of somewhere between 5 - 10% which is pretty poor