gmail ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my OH a website, we don't use it, but we only got it for the email. Its up to 10 email addresses and they are set up on the phone and the pc here.

I just checked, they offer an email only service for £5 / year

So for example I could have an email address like [email protected]

More info Click here

Other web hosting services are available.

I got my OH a website, we don't use it, but we only got it for the email. Its up to 10 email addresses and they are set up on the phone and the pc here.

I just checked, they offer an email only service for £5 / year

So for example I could have an email address like [email protected]

More info Click here

Other web hosting services are available.

Not sure having his own email is going to help the OP - seems we have different issues to overcome - the users lack of IT skills being one of them...

hmm..............but once its done, and its "great" when you get asked what your email address is and you tell them its your name.

I think the OP needs to find a local techy and part with some hard earned cash

I've still got my "old" i5 laptop running Windows 7 here with Office professional 2007 on it!

I think the OP needs to find a local techy and part with some hard earned cash

I've still got my "old" i5 laptop running Windows 7 here with Office professional 2007 on it!
Not sure about that Murdo ...... I have gmail up & running ...my contacts duly notified of new address ,  my only problem is  the old Hotmail  can't be accessed  to let me remove the last folder .   

OK  I have now learned that gmail brings with it  masses of spam  but I'll have to see how it goes now . 

There is always the university of youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N23nL3o0Urg
Richard the 1X     I don't think my phone does any of  those functions  but I thank you for your input

Motorola_Carphone_Model_TLD-1100,_1964,_view_1_-_National_Electronics_Museum_-_DSC00184.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
:Spam

Used gmail for donkeys, got it set up so I have different folders like several nets that sweep up different fish one net for the important stuff another for the less important stuff and so on, as for spam, that's just a fact of life and spammers probably hit gmail as its more popular these days.

I use Yahoo mail, and G mail, I have them both direct access on my phone, if you are getting a lot of spam then do what I do. I have 3 or 4 accounts on the G mail, you can delete them fairly easily, I have my main one that I use for day to day, then the others are purely sacrificial, use them for thing where I may get junk mails, e.g, you give your details at an event because you are interested in a certain product, then they send you info on all kinds, when it becomes silly, simply delete the account and move on.