Greyhound Racing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I'm not cheap! I'm just value for money :D You know, every little helps... :p

Hey, I'm not cheap! I'm just value for money :D You know, every little helps... :p

Betting on Greyhounds is total luck, I've known a few owners and trainers very well, they've all told me the same, infact I have a ex race greyhound as a pet, google fabulous delight, she raced at Nottingham, Did quite well

do they still give them water before the race ,,,,,,,,,,,,  ;)

or has that been totally clamped down on/banned nowadays ?
I'm unsure what you mean about your coment, I'm a lover of animals especially dogs. I'm not involved at all with the racing of greyhounds, apart from going and loosing loads of money, I do know a couple of folk who do race them ad as far as I know the dogs are looked after, I got Delhi when she was retired at 4 years old and she's a lovely dog, she came from a greyhound re homing charity at Sutton, I can't recommend these dogs enough.

That's my dog Delhi, fast asleep, picture taken right now

image.jpg

a good while back I knocked about with a guy was into greyhound racing/training,

at that time if you had a good dog and didnt want it to show [ie, not win, so you kept good odds on it] you would give it a couple of pints of water just before a race to make it sluggish,

then when the prices were good on it put big dollar on and let it loose !  :D