Helnly Block

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectekAir

Reaction score
Have a quick one for you guys.

Have a 3P main meter and need to connect 1 single and two 3phase supplys to it my question is do they make henly blocks that are 415v rated?

I dont simply want to instal 4 single phase ones because it is what was there already, no mater haw neat you make it it still looks untidy

I have only ever seen 3 phase installs done with 4 single pole henley's,

Screw them to the board side by side touching each other and they can look nice and neat.

I have only ever seen 3 phase installs done with 4 single pole henley's,Screw them to the board side by side touching each other and they can look nice and neat.
This is what is there at the moment and does not look very neat at all but may try to move them and install new tails neatly and will see:D

Andy i have these but they say 240v on the front of them so on one i will have 240 but the other will have 415 between the two blocks
They will be fine

but seperately to earth the voltage will be 240 for each phase

the block wont actually have 415 inside it

but seperately to earth the voltage will be 240 for each phasethe block wont actually have 415 inside it
it will be two double blocks one block will have 1 phase and neutral and the other the other 2 phases so that block will have 415v in it.

i suppose i could install two single henlys and one double to take care of that

Would running 2 phases into a single DP Henly be any different from running 3 phases into a grid switch panel for lighting?

And just look at the Meter they are being fed from, probably smaller terminals and thinner insulation then those 100 Amp double pole connection units.

If you are still not happy then use 4 single pole blocks. ;)

it will be two double blocks one block will have 1 phase and neutral and the other the other 2 phases so that block will have 415v in it.i suppose i could install two single henlys and one double to take care of that
Each terminal is rated to 240V not the whole thing!

I have only ever seen 3 phase installs done with 4 single pole henley's,Screw them to the board side by side touching each other and they can look nice and neat.
would agree,

if done right and cable routes thought out can look quite good.

+1I thought that you had to have higher levels of insulation with higher voltages? so if they are rated at 240v then they are not suitable for 400v.
I understand that train of thought, but that would be similar to saying you couldnt use a standard 3gang sw on 3ph if you are going to have different phases on each switch.

not good practice necessarily, but nevertheless it does happen.

common sense I think sometimes needs to prevail.

Just don't forget to label for presence of 400V and personally I would try and get hold of some form of seal (crimped meter type) to prevent curious fingers tampering with anything.

Was looking at the blocks this morning and have noticed on the cover one says 240v and the other is 415v can't really belive that it is exactly the same product with a diffrent coverX(

They will be ok to use now:p