Help to check job quote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as regards to number of sockets, i'm sure that in OSG or building regs book it has the minimum number of sockets that should be put in a room
Indeed they do!Applaud Smiley:D

On site guide..

Appendix 8

8.7 Number of socket outlets!

Page 162, table 8B;)

has the recommended guidance quantities per room type.

:D

Don't do it for nothing and make sure you make a living. Its far too easy to get caught in the trap of bring your price down.

Maybe I'm old school but I quote the price and they take it or leave it, but if they do take it they get the quality job they pay for.

Went to look at a rewire yesterday, a 3 bed in a bit of a state and needs a lot of TLC.

Potential customer told me he was waiting for a price off one spark and that he had already given another spark the work but he had called him before he was due to start to say he was getting out of the game and couldn't do it.

'Whats your budget I said' (always a good question to hit them with and save yourself some time) err about 'two grand' he said, although the spark I gave the work too said he could do it for

I subscribe to a couple of internet sites for work. One elctrician from Bradford (Yorkshire) quoted

Well what i say is i can allways stop at home for nothing if they moan about the price i have gave them.

Latest posts