Help urgently required!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not fit that type of "flex outlet plate" in zone 1, It does not have the required IP ratings.

Make just 3 more posts and you can upload pictures to the site so we can see the horrors you have.

If the workmanship is poor, has he been paid yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Even the sealant around the plate is shocking. Gaps around plate and where wire enters plate. He was paid partly for materials and labour. 

Sounds like a classic dual edged problem of...

(1)  semi-competent tradesperson..

(2) lack of formal written contract agreement before any work commenced!

Mix the two together on the same job and total carnage and mayhem can result.

:eek:

If its one of these walk-in showers with a long shower tray, (you say 1500mm), then it could be argued that the far-end of the tray is not in the "showering area" …..

i.e where shower jets would normally be expected to be directed..

Walk in shower. Roughly 1.5metre long by 70cm wide. On one 70cm wall end is stud wall with shower on opposote end of wall is heated towel thermostat towel rail.

Bog standard shower enclosure is 760mm x 760mm

Allowing for 600mm zone to the side of standard 760mm enclosure  would be 1360mm..

Even working backwards from 1500mm far wall - 600mm zone still leaves 900mm worth of shower area..?

We have a 1000mm x 850mm shower tray with a single glass wall and an open end on the narrow 850mm side 1000mm from the mixer shower.. 

Even with NO door, at 1000mm from shower wall we don't get any significant water flying out of the enclosure..  

so I guess it could be argued that 1500mm is reasonably safe...?

Personally I would not do what you have described..

BUT..   it may not be any more dangerous than any electrical accessory if someone decided to throw a cup of water over it!?

:popcorn :C

Just Pondering?

Sounds like a classic dual edged problem of...

(1)  semi-competent tradesperson..

(2) lack of formal written contract agreement before any work commenced!

Mix the two together on the same job and total carnage and mayhem can result.

:eek:

If its one of these walk-in showers with a long shower tray, (you say 1500mm), then it could be argued that the far-end of the tray is not in the "showering area" …..

i.e where shower jets would normally be expected to be directed..

Bog standard shower enclosure is 760mm x 760mm

Allowing for 600mm zone to the side of standard 760mm enclosure  would be 1360mm..

Even working backwards from 1500mm far wall - 600mm zone still leaves 900mm worth of shower area..?

We have a 1000mm x 850mm shower tray with a single glass wall and an open end on the narrow 850mm side 1000mm from the mixer shower.. 

Even with NO door, at 1000mm from shower wall we don't get any significant water flying out of the enclosure..  

so I guess it could be argued that 1500mm is reasonably safe...?

Personally I would not do what you have described..

BUT..   it may not be any more dangerous than any electrical accessory if someone decided to throw a cup of water over it!?

:popcorn :C

Just Pondering?

I know how much of a cockup this all is. Communication, agreement, standard of tradesman aside....

Can somebody please tell me if this electrical towel rail ip55 with the wiring and blank electrical connection plate within a 1500mm enclosed shower space is legit? 

The shower was put in so my grandmother could sit on a chair and carer wash her with shower attatchment. Obvious water condensing will collect on power plate and water will ingress inside onto live wire through the gaps in the poor sealing?

Please look at Dizzyjaskell profile on fb. I have posted pictures.

Thank you

All i need to know is, is this legit? Or is this a serious health/fire risk. 

Does fitting the towel rail in an enclosed shower with the wiring and flex power plate meet regulations? 

Shower head is 1300mm from towel rail. 

All i need to know is, is this legit? Or is this a serious health/fire risk. 

Does fitting the towel rail in an enclosed shower with the wiring and flex power plate meet regulations? 

Shower head is 1300mm from towel rail. 

Its a potential shock risk the flex outlet plate is not suitable for the location and none compliant with the wiring regulations from those pictures. I'd suggest you contact ELESCA asap and get a electrician to make it safe in the meantime. I would not use the shower without the towel rail having first being safely isolated from the supply.