Help urgently required!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
towel rail would appear to be fine where it is. the connections not so much. however, there might not actually be any connections in there to get wet, might be be whats been put in to cover the cable going into the wall to a connection elsewhere. without verifying this, then couldnt say either way.

According to the Regs you CAN install a towel rail in Zone 1   of a shower  ,  the connection unit however is subject to water ingress .       

I would have refused to fit it to be honest , whatever the Regs say  .     Arse covered , let someone else do it .      Seems stupid anyway  as the towels will be getting wet all the time .    

The rail would need an isolation switch somewhere in the bathroom .  

According to the Regs you CAN install a towel rail in Zone 1   of a shower  ,  the connection unit however is subject to water ingress .       

I would have refused to fit it to be honest , whatever the Regs say  .     Arse covered , let someone else do it .      Seems stupid anyway  as the towels will be getting wet all the time .    

The rail would need an isolation switch somewhere in the bathroom .  

Not sure I agree with that. Better outside the room IMHO