HELP

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john.k

Reaction score
I need some help! I am 40 years old, completed the 17th ed and C&G 2330 Level 2, and currently undertaking Level 3 and Part P. I need to get some hands on experiance, and I'm willing to work for free (if i need to!) but I need to start working. I live near Minehead in Somerset. If you can help please get in touch. Thanks, John.

Hello John,

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck in your search and I hope that you are successfull.

May I ask why you are doing the Part P Course?

You don't need to do that if you are doing the 2330 Levels 2 & 3 as it is covered in that.

Best Wishes,

Admin.

Hi admin thanks for the good luck, i was told by my tutors that i should do the part p so i can go and work on my own, sounds like ive be told a pack of lies again.

Hi john i believe that a part p course is just a competency course and does not entitle you to submit part p forms. your level 3 will give you far more knowledge than a part p course. once you are qualified you can then join a part p scheme provider such as niceic etc. All the p course is good for is people like gas fitters who might only need to practice one aspect of electrical work and need to be able to certificate. Even then i think you have to join a governing body or pay for a buildings inspector. Hope this helps.

I forgot to mention that I was talking to my Lecturer when I did my 2392 FI&T.

He was saying that "Part P" is not the right way to describe this course as it covers a load of different Buliding Regs. Not just Part P.

:|