Hospital

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray4438

Reaction score
Well is 3 am and stuck in hospital after a total hip replacement I want to thank the electrician forum for keeping me occupied in these wee small hours especially the joke thread and other for the good reading material keeps my spirits up and not thinking of the pain a small donation on the way as a thank you....

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, get well soon mate and take it easy for a while, we will still be here with the silly jokes, and the funny ones have their own section called the jokes section.

Wishing you all the best

Speedy recovery and when your out let it have time to settle down.I know a builder that just had a hip done and he was doing a bathroom refurb a few days after. Not a good idea.

Thanks all for the replies lifted my spirits with the comments I got the hip replaced due to a disease called perthis a form of osteo arthritis the good thing now I'm worth something going by metal prices due to the implant being titanium (not a lot) just hope I don't send the airport scanners haywire when I go through. Very light duties for next few months as recovery takes time. Never know might be doing the London marathon next year

Ray , obviously I don't know your age but if you have a long career before you  I'm not sure a hip will stand up to all the crouching ,crawling , kneeling ,climbing , steps, ladders, hauling in SWAs  etc . 

Suggest you take advice on that TBH .   Would've  thought Sparkying , general construction work would put undue strain on a new hip.   

Many do really well ...then  Missus Deke still has to use a stick .

Last edited by a moderator: