I got a bargain today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no especially not when ur using it for sanding,

but it is very handy for cutting in fast fix boxes into plasterboard!

In the tools defence they are Li Ion batteries and are quick to recharge. If you have 2 or three I can't see it being much of a problem.

Sharp the tool itself whether mains or battery is a must have they are great for so many applications.

Fein is the best you can get but I have had the Bosch type for 3 years (third one) and I like the battery one as it saves sorting out ext leads etc if you just need it to do a small job so I would say yes mate

Thanks now you've complicated the issue, should I now get one??????
That depends! If you already have a Bosche 10.8V 'system' then I'd get one. If you have a drill and a couple of batteries etc.

If you are starting from scratch then have a long hard think. Do you need cordless? How much use do you expect to have? How much tax do you not want to pay etc etc.

For work I bought the Fein cordless with 2 batteries from Axminster. We use them for cast removal and they are a lot cheaper than the saws sold to vets for this purpose. I went for the Fein because of the higher capacity batteries and more volts. I was buying that for work.

I have the Bosch drill/driver and impact driver in the 10.8V range and if I saw the oscillating saw for