I'm Off To Egypt

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be absolutely magic asking for a Israeli gun in an Arab country  :facepalm:    :Applaud
I once asked for a TURKISH coffee whilst in Greece............that went down well!

Yep, DON'T ask for an Uzi, instead ask for a Galil or anything else from IMI!
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Yes today 25 policeman got executed near rafah which is about 25 miles away

from here not far from  Gaza + Israeli  border.

There has been a lot of killing going on around that area for the past 2 -3 months

but I'd imagine it doesn't make the news back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
How you all doing lads all going well over here,
i've just been roped in to finish off a new substation,The chap doing it got fired for various reasons none work related i may add.
i'll pop some photos on at various stages for your viewing and comments no doubt.
And it's p****** down with rain as i type this very heavy i may say.

All the best

Been pretty wet here. I am doing a conversion at the minute no tin hat. All the electric tripped out a weekend. Builder having nightmare keeping water out.  Glad its going OK.

Was thinking about you the other day Bacon, glad you are OK, look after yourself, and enjoy, please post what you can when you can.
Yes i will do.

I have been quite busy just lately with various power outages from local supply and some remote site generator repairs.

p.s Steps your inbox is full

Bacon

good to hear you are ok and keeping busy!

Oh and today has been quite mild and sunny :)

Tried too put some photos up don't have permission.

That come up when i click on more reply options

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#103133] You do not have permission to reply to this topic.

Uploads are failing for some reason.

I'll have a look at the problem tomorrow.

But that did work Canoeboy with the browser cache.

Thanks

New substation work.

Cables in picture by the yellow geny are going to be spliced.

How are you all doing lads i'm back home now for Christmas and the New Year,

Hope you have all had a good 2013 and hope you all have a good if not better 2014.

Bacon

Not that good to be honest a massive bomb went off last week about 5 miles away in a place called Sheik Zewaid then another 3Hrs later same thing again,

All the buildings shook and pictures fell off the walls,But the camp is the safest place in the Sinai

And the from last Wednesdy the weather was shite sand storm in the morning the very heavy rain for the next 3 days and strong winds

which then knocked the local power lines down so we went on backup genys for 2.5 days while they sorted it out.

But apart from that life is good.

Bacon

A bomb-laden car exploded in North Sinai after security forces shot at it in suspicion, according to security sources in Sheikh Zuwaid city.

The car, according to the source, was heading in the direction of Al-Zohour military camp near the city of Sheikh Zuwaid.

The driver escaped before the car exploded, so no injuries were reported.

This is the second car bomb incident in Sinai in less than a month. On 20 November, a bomb-laden car drove into an army convoy carrying off-duty soldiers killing 11 and injuring 37.

The restive peninsula, already suffering a security vacuum since the ouster of autocrat Hosni Mubarak in 2011, has seen a spike in militant activity since Mohamed Morsi's ouster in July 2013.

Attacks on security and army targets in the Sinai region have killed over 100 since July.

Dozens of terrorists and militants have been killed since the army began a campaign to flush out "terrorists" and seize or destroy arms caches in Sinai.

(Source: MENA from Al-Arish)

How you all doing lads,Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year

And I hope you all have an even better year work wise than the previous year

All the best.

Yes back in the Sinai and the weathers just starting to pick up now around 26-30c during the day.

Still some trouble going on outside but you get used to it.

Just finishing a new substation off then start another one after that,

Had an early morning call this morning at about 5.30 am by 4 Apache Choppers blowing the crap out of a village 2 miles away I could see the missiles unloading from them that went on for about 40 minutes.

All the best lads.

P.S How much does body have any idea what MM charge for calibration on testers?