Interchangeable MCB'S RCD'S Etc ( What Fits? )

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to say a big thank you to all who have contributed so far to this topic, I am sure it will be a very useful reference to many forum members. I think the photos are a really great help for people to actually picture what particular brand/makes look like. Keep it up guys/girls and any more photos will be very welcome I am sure. Thank you Theory spark for starting this thread.

Doc H.

Theory & GH - Have you managed to compile the lists as planned, Gents?

Many Thanks,

Admin.

Newey and Eyres own brand is identical to Wylex, they tell me wylex make them.

MK Breakers fit Merlin Gerin boards, but have a lower breaking capacity.

Anyone got an idea of what make rcbo might fit a MEM board with MEM 2000 mcbs in it

wylex RCBO will fit but if I remember it sticks out a little far and the door may not close properly.

also, wylex RCBO will fit MK sentry, bit of fiddling to get it in but a spot on fit electrically wise.

where did the what fits thread go.?

or am I just thick?

anyway, a Wylex RCBO will fit a loadlimiter board if you have space beside it,,,,

dunno why, just seems to be too tight to actually fit between other devices, if I have time will check it out more next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Apache, I have merged Steptoes thread into the correct thread you found. I was going to delete your reply, but it does have an amusing value. Theory's original thread has been made sticky, I think it quite useful as both a regular question and more MCB & CU makes will no doubt be added.

Doc H.

Hello Folks,

Please can anyone tell me what SP MCB (if any) will fit in an old Dorman Smith (loadmaster) Series 15 3P board? Went to a job today and switched off some of the said breakers, but one of them will not stay in the closed position, havent even touched any circuits. Went about testing circuit for that breaker, no faults found, so breaker must be broken. Have found a few used replacements on ebay etc, but was hoping I can fit a newer model/make. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Link shows exact type I am asking question about -

http://www.thefusecompany.com/fuse.php?***th=50&products_id=387

Thanks Andy, but it looks like the exposed bit is more of center than Dorman Smith, so will prob. cause probs with cover. Anyone else?