Interchangeable MCB'S RCD'S Etc ( What Fits? )

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all on my website

www.mcbfinder.co.uk/catalog

i have all of the mcbs mentioned in this post, so stop struggling! also a damn site cheaper than fusecompany!

regards andy

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

c50's do not fit loadmaster

old mk are the same as siemens

new mk are the same as merlin gerin

bill and mem will fit each other.

Does anybody know of a mcb to fit a ashley and rock board , I need a 40/45amp for 9.5kw shower . Failing that would it be acceptable to leave it on the 32amp already in place as would prob never trip .

Does anybody know of a mcb to fit a ashley and rock board , I need a 40/45amp for 9.5kw shower . Failing that would it be acceptable to leave it on the 32amp already in place as would prob never trip .
the MCB is to protect the cable,

NOT the shower.

I realise the the mcb is there to protect the cable , so with the 10mm cable being very adequatly protected by the 32amp mcb and the fact the shower would not trip the mcb for the 10mins use it gets , apart from the bad desigh can anybody see a problem with this setup if I can not source a bigger mcb to fit this board.

I realise the the mcb is there to protect the cable , so with the 10mm cable being very adequatly protected by the 32amp mcb and the fact the shower would not trip the mcb for the 10mins use it gets , apart from the bad desigh can anybody see a problem with this setup if I can not source a bigger mcb to fit this board.
I would not think it will do it a lot of good if its constantly overloaded 39 to 41 amps will probably break it in the end.

Hello all, been away a while keeping busy.

Just thought I'de throw another in the mix, has anyone come accross a Moeller CU and is there anything in my shed that I can shoe horn into it? MK, Wylex, etc.

Hello all, been away a while keeping busy.Just thought I'de throw another in the mix, has anyone come accross a Moeller CU and is there anything in my shed that I can shoe horn into it? MK, Wylex, etc.
As steps says need to know how old it is. I think moeller were part of the f & g group and they were the same as the old Contactum MCB'S. If its a newer one I ie X box I can probably check because I am going to fit one as a replacement in my house and have a few MCB's so can probably check against another make and welcome back.

Cheers fella's, had a quick shufty on t'interweb and they are still available if I can't find a fit.

Does anyone know which RCBO will fit a Kwickline CCU with circuit Breakers with capital 'D' on them?

Does anyone know what rcbo I can get to fit in place of on of these contactum mcbs, the new style contactum rcbos dont fit!

230V-Range2.jpg

Does anyone know which RCBO will fit a Kwickline CCU with circuit Breakers with capital 'D' on them?
As far as I know any Schneider group MCB should fit, Sq D is being phased out as a brand, as is Merlin Gerin anyway.

HTH

got a job today with an over sensitive rcd (mem double pole 80 amp/30 mA)

anyone know which other makes will fit ?

cheers

got a job today with an over sensitive rcd (mem double pole 80 amp/30 mA)anyone know which other makes will fit ?

cheers
what MEM board is it?

quite a few RCDs will fit mem2000 IIRC.

is it a normal LH line board or something different.

what MEM board is it?quite a few RCDs will fit mem2000 IIRC.

is it a normal LH line board or something different.
MEM2000 board ;) normal split load type

will report back which one i replaced it with. (if i remember )

it was a steeple