Is There Such A Thing As A "double" Switched Fused Spur Socket?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary Wright

Reaction score
Hi all 

You helped me a few weeks back when i had a problem with my wall mounted television where the plug stuck out too far and got in the way of the wall mount.  I installed a single switched, fused spur and it worked perfectly!

I now have a similar problem but this time i want to put a wall mounted television with a sound bar below it but again the two square pin plugs will stick out too far and stop the tv being hooked onto the wall plate.

The solution, as before would be to take out the square pin double socket and replace it with a double switched, fused spur with a bottom outlet.

Do these double spurs exist - I have searched the net but cant find any? I want the tv and sound bar as close to the wall as possible so I don't want to use mounting plate extenders!

Any manufacturers or websites would be very much appreciated if not any other solutions / quick fixes would be great.

Thanks in advance

POWER TO THE PEOPLE 

Regards 

Gary

I use these:

http://www.scolmore.com/_pdfs/minigrid.pdf

A lot on one job I do a lot of repeats on.

You can fit 3 modules in a single gang plate, or 6 in a double, i.e. fuse unit DP switch & flex outlet, x 2.

They also fit into a 25mm deep back box without issue.
They are the ones i was aluding to but could not find the link

Have a look at Click grid switch system...much shallower than industry standard MK stuff
I carry quite a few on the van, especially the emergency lighting, key switch, fuse, neon items.

F handy for getting you out of the guano AND knocking up weird switch combinations

Just saying

I don't use MK grid at all any more only Click grid stuff.

I have a specific set that I use though.

They also do the New Media range which all matches basically.

Also the price is right!

Along with the quality.