I've Booked An Outside Job For March 20Th...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the weatherman said the best chance of a break in the cloud up here was East Sutherland.

Well guess where I am tomorrow morning? :happy bunny:

That went well

Got to the job at 8:30, full dark cloud.

By 9AM the cloud was clearing and with a combination of thin high cloud and a welding mask we had a clear view.

9:35 was as close as it got to a total eclipse. Still just a sliver of sun visible about 95% coverage up here.  Quite dark but not totally so (unlike the 1999 eclipse)

Then it  passed and back to work.

amazing it wasn't cloudy in Plymouth!

Italy is shutting down its entire solar farm network. The concern is how all the farms suddenly shut down then restart again so it goes from full on -  full off - full on again, where as things start up/shut down in a much more gentle way morning and evening.

mostly cloudy here. did get a few photos in some gaps between clouds, but didnt see most of it. didnt really get any darker than normal either, if you didnt know in advance, you probably wouldnt have noticed it here

Fully cloudy in London, didn't stop hundreds of people queueing up to look through a telescope in Greenwich Park, apparently.

Can't see why they would do that, unless it was pointed at Rachel Riley's bathroom window.

Why would he walk past her? does not compute.

Edit; unless you were seeing the back of his head and his ladder was slowly toppling to one side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fully cloudy in London, didn't stop hundreds of people queueing up to look through a telescope in Greenwich Park, apparently.Can't see why they would do that, unless it was pointed at Rachel Riley's bathroom window.
You cannot see RRs bathroom window from Greenwich Park...even off the top of a very tall ladder

Just clarifying

well this is about the highlight of the day... still got a few photos to go through, see whats good and isnt...

not bad considering the sky was like this the entire time. of course, all the clouds disappeared afterwards leaving clear blue skies for a few hours

I was working on a roof in London when it happened, went very dull and cold.

I turned around and every now and then I'd get a little bit nervous.........felt like I was holding on forever.........it was like a shadow on me all of the time............

Sorry, me trying to be funny, here's the real thing:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lcOxhH8N3Bo?feature=oembed
That's funny, they played that on the radio at 9:30 this morning....

That's funny, they played that on the radio at 9:30 this morning....
I remember fancying her like mad as a youngster. I've a had a couple tonight and rather than her getting better with the beer goggles I'm thinking she looks like Rod Stewart!  :lol:Anyway, back on topic, you'll have seen this on our other forum but I thought it quite a good shot:

Selection_139.jpg

.........would make a good Bonnie Tyler album cover!

I didn't take any photo's, as apart from different clouds, it would have been a picture of the same moon and sun that millions of others have photographed today.

There's a few jokes going about like I couldn't see it because the moon got in the way, or I couldn't see it because it got too dark.