Job Started Today

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameseye12

Reaction score
Started wiring up a farm today

Positioned all consumer unit and rcds etc ready for supply move tomorrow, installed an earth rod as it was using TNCS earth before (picture especially for steps!)

This board is going to be built into a cupboard and once the walls are cladded internal wiring and lighting will be installed

P300512_16.55.jpg

P300512_12.56.jpg

P300512_15.30_[01].jpg

P300512_16.54_[01].jpg

Bit rough, mate, you could have got the board grain going the same way as the tin walls. :^O

Bit rough, mate, you could have got the board grain going the same way as the tin walls. :^O
Well, FYI the board was installed by others before i got there so :coat

Well, FYI the board was installed by others before i got there so :coat
Never mind, jameseye, when the DNO or the meter monkeys comes to do their bit, it will probably be just a bit of old chipboard they found in the skip. Your backboard will positively shine, then. ;)

Just an observation...why the big hole in the back of the dis board? I only ask as my NIC man went all sulky on me on one job as he reckoned I had removed too much of the back of a board and reduced the 'fire withstand capability...' or some such thing. 'All enclosures to be of ignitability charcterstic P'...or some such twaddle. He was however F happy if it was a big hole in the timber and a small hole in the enclosure. As I said at the begining, this is only an observation on my part......... :coat

Didn't cut the hole in the back, customer wanted to supply his own cu and it looks to me as though its one thats been used already. Suppose i could find something to fill it in with....

I sometimes use a wooden board for mounting the DB and such like to, but have also lined the board with some fireboard, no need to have it plastered I like the pink look, but it just saves awkward questions when your assessed.

Most cus have rectangular knockouts in squares looking at the pic it looks like he's cut the knockouts out no big deal IMHO the knockouts are there to be knocked out !

Most cus have rectangular knockouts in squares looking at the pic it looks like he's cut the knockouts out no big deal IMHO the knockouts are there to be knocked out !
I didnt cut them out, they was never there!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:26 ----------

Never mind, jameseye, when the DNO or the meter monkeys comes to do their bit, it will probably be just a bit of old chipboard they found in the skip. Your backboard will positively shine, then. ;)
I'll get a picture tomorrow, then you can judge whose is better,

Typical farmer using second hand stuff probably explains why you have an odd busbar not going to be easy to cover that.
Its definatley not Hager busbar, looks like the ones that come with MK cu's, i'll have to find something to cover that before the supply is connected

I am sorry but they are not working for me also. I have recently cleaned up my rather clogged up laptop so have deleted my privileged ability to see what others could not.