Job tracking software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to use Excel as a project tracker when I was in the auto industry. Now I use a simplified version.

Across the top line just put the info you want to record in each column and then each job on its own line below. i record the following columns:

job number

client name , house no, postcode

basic job description

job start date

invoice date

invoice amount

invoice sent date

paid, yes or waiting

cert issued, yes or waiting

notified, yes or waiting

I only record jobs that are actual this way. Quotes and estimates are filed under the year + clients name (eg: PCE_Est_2010_Volti).Only when th ejob is agreed does it get onto the tracker and recieve a job number, which is formated by year+number (PCE2010_780), the year indicator follows the tax year and the number is sequential. If there's more than one certificate for any job then the cert number adds an a, b, c etc, otherwise the cert number is the same as the job number.

Yeah, I use excel for pretty much everything business related, but I must admit, things are getting a bit unmanageable.

I've been looking at dedicated job/estimate tracking software, but there doesn't seem to be much out there.

You know it's funny, our American cousins have so much software to choose from in the electrical trade and we have very little.

Thanks for that Admin, but I think perhaps there is confusion, most likely down to my wording. When I mean job tracking I'm basically talking about a program that turns your quotes/estimates into electronic job sheets, so you can keep a running total and see how it compares to what you actually estimated.

**EDIT**

I have just downloaded it and you can change it to GBP.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:24 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:23 ----------

Oh

:(

There is a free version here, Volti (for home use or for a business with less than 5 employees)I know it is showing in Dollars, but I don't know if it is changable - I only had a quick read, Sorry...

Invoice Software - Download easy invoicing program for PC or Mac
PLEASE beware guys, I just downloaded this and it contains PDM.TROJAN .... Acording to Kaspersky

Cheers

Jim

OK It's an old thread but still wanted to warn people...just in case!

Last edited by a moderator: