Kitchen LED lighting trips fuse every 2 weeks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't find them. It's a feature of them all pretty much..... What you describe is very typical. Did you buy the transformer from the sane vendor as the lights?
no I got them from ebay but are meant to be good but I'm thinking now they are not. the led tape is very good but this I the second lot of led tape as the first lot was cheap and blow 3 leds so I got good stuff. Do you recommend a good driver and my led tape is listed as 24watts per roll (5 meters) and my roll has been cut in half to use on both sides of the hob. What sort of wattage do you recommend? 

Regards

Pat

oh ok can you recommend any

Pat
I have just ordered 2 from the same place I got the led take from. LEDTech LED Driver 30W 12V 2.50 Amp IP67

99% certain it is 2x a cheap driver without a soft start circuit   Switch them on together = 2x inrush =2x10A surge = trip 

Get smaller power rated drivers with 'soft start'   (Actual load (load is proportional to cut length)  x 1.5 is sensible)  

Don't get them from ebay or Amazon if you have a reputable electrical wholesaler nearby.
I have just ordered 2 from the same place I got the led take from. LEDTech LED Driver 30W 12V 2.50 Amp IP67

Thoughts Bruspark