Label Printer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Sparks

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you use label printers, for printing labels for things like a CSU etc.

If so, what do type do you use, and can recommend any?

Thanks.

We have numerous different label printers and I hate them all equally. The lettratags are expensive to buy the tapes where I am, the brother p-touch leaves very long blank ends that need trimming manually with scissors so you feel like you're getting ripped of every time you print a label, add to this the fact they all take 8 batteries each which last about ten minutes before they're flat....they're just not machines that I like. We also have an Epson laser barcode printer in the office which is hellish expensive to refill but at least it doesn't use batteries plus we have a label engraver for panels and DB's in the workshop. The traffolite isn't cheap but the engraver is the most fun to use so that would qualify it as my favourite.

I lied....

just checked in me stationary, labels & printing box...

and saw these...

IMG-20121002-00774.jpg

99p a throw...

So if you shop around you can get cheap label tapes as well!!!! :coffee

I use a brother p-touch. Not the specific yellow electricians one, but nearly as good blue one I got for

i have a Dymo label writer aswell!

handy thing, but ill agree above, tapes are expensive!

You dont need any of that new fangled stuff. This is the one to use.......................

il_570xN_168172455.jpg

I think mine is a brother p-touch 2460, does labels for cables, flags and rolls, barcodes etc. there is a used one on eBay for

Sweet,

Looks like its a DyMO to start with and upgrade to a brother if needed in future.

A spark on site had a DYMO the other day and i was very impressed. Saves time and looks professional.

Thanks!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 06:33 ---------- Previous post was made at 06:31 ----------

You dont need any of that new fangled stuff. This is the one to use.......................
il_570xN_168172455.jpg
LOL!

That belongs in a museum! "OLD" heh

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 06:34 ---------- Previous post was made at 06:33 ----------

Thanks mate, im going to take a looksi!

I think mine is a brother p-touch 2460, does labels for cables, flags and rolls, barcodes etc. there is a used one on eBay for

il_570xN_168172455.jpg
now i know what my dad used to use on everything....a genius device!"

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was made at 11:36 ----------

I use a Tyco one, View attachment 4274 that was given free at Elex a few years back - in exchange for an old printer. I had a cheap P-touch that had bust so I was lucky! It uses Dymo tapes as well so they're plentiful.

It has a special 'module' setting which makes labelling boards a doddle, and also a 'wrap' setting that prints the same word many times to wrap round a cable. love it!

I have another p-touch that stays in the office. it can do some fancier printing, but has non of the useful trade features.