Led Lighting - Contactor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dambo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently installed some outside lighting points, with LED bulbs, which are controlled by a stand alone dusk until dawn sensor. 3 x wall lighting with GU10 LEDs and a spotlight with built-in LEDs. This light in particular has been temperamental since being installed, coming on intermittently. I've carried out some testing and it appears that issue is with the dusk until dawn sensor. I've been informed by the supplier that, with the bulbs being LED, a contactor needs to be used for them to function correctly.

I haven't actually wired in a contactor before and wondered if someone might be able to give me a heads up as to how it should be wired. It's a CPN contactor (MODC2/20).

I thank you in advance for your greatly appreciated help :)

"Just saying"

The number of people I have come across who should know better who "worry" about what a relay does or how it does it is amazing.

______________________​
 ​
I too was thinking it may be easier to change the light sensor, I am wondering if the current one, is "electronic" and is letting a small amount of current past. I have a couple here at richard-the-ninth castle and I believe they are the ones with a bi metal strip, so there is no physical connection in daylight.

http://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image/ae235?$p$&layer=0&size=281,281&layer=1&size=281,281&src=ae235/11330_P

Odd that, in the preview pane, I could see said daylight sensor, now in the actual post, its only a link. Sorry about that. :Blushing

Latest posts