Level 2 Diploma Electrical Installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy001

Reaction score
Hi , Im a complete novice and im looking to train to become an electrican and have seen this course > Level 2 Diploma Electrical Installation < at a local college part-time evening course at a cost of £1500 which lasts 33 weeks.
i want to still work full time and learn part-time evenings.

i have also seen this course as a fasttrack course. I am wondering is this course micky mouse of the real deal in terms of a good starting point to become an electrician?

I suspect if it is at a local college then I’d expect it too be the correct qualification. Do you know the C&G or EAL course number?
I would also suggest that if this is in fact the correct course and you have seen it as a short course, that it is probably not a short course just the course is run for a longer day as opposed to evenings only.

Hi mate I did a level 2 electrical installation and went on to complete a level 3 2365.

However I still need to complete my NVQ, 2365 should get you a ECS card to get you working as a mate or improver.

Hi andy,
I did level 2/3 c&g 2365 part time evenings , over 2 years , also allows you time to get your real life practical experience which cannot be done in a class room mate , as for crash courses i think there is too much to take in , in a short period of time , even more so without working as a mate to apply your theory too, thats my take on it mate , because my head was fried at exams time doing it over that time frame , god knows what my head would have been like on a crash course😄

Nsalam
Did you get your esc card and ipaf?
Not yet, I just received by level 3 certificate yesterday in the post. going to send it to ECS and revise for the test. IPAF is £200+ round my parts, saving up to do it.