Lockable fan isolators

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not marked with the circle, but it does have compliance with IEC 60947-1 & 5-1, which have a requirement for suitability for isolation but, I've not been able to find the DoC for it to check if it only meets certain sub-clauses.

So, it may be a call to Schneider, if they say yes, contact separation is then irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
How difficult does it need to be to satisfy the duty holder? I'd have thought the simplest option would be a bar/plate screwed over the front.

How difficult does it need to be to satisfy the duty holder? I'd have thought the simplest option would be a bar/plate screwed over the front.

I had ordered the Schneider bits before the suggestion of a blanking plate over the switch!

It hadn't entered my head, why, I just thought that there would be a key switch or the like out there that would do the job, and I just hadn't come across it yet!

We will have to ask him the next time we are there, I have one set of the key switch things coming, as long as the contacts meet the IEC 60947

requirements for isolation we are fine.

That's the next hurdle now as I have bought the bits!

just had a look at the eaton ones i have. the key switch i have  is 3 position and will only work 2 contacts independently depending on position. i do have a 2 position handle switch that will work all 3 like you would need, i would assume the key switch version of this would do the same

no mention of contact separation on any of them

just had a look at the eaton ones i have. the key switch i have  is 3 position and will only work 2 contacts independently depending on position. i do have a 2 position handle switch that will work all 3 like you would need, i would assume the key switch version of this would do the same

no mention of contact separation on any of them
Yeah, I was thinking of this today in work (sad bar steward).He would need to connect the contacts so that they piggy back off each other. This would require a fairly deep enclosure.

Latest posts