Losing My Rag

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max6979

Reaction score
I am on the first year part of a 2 year Level 3 C & G 2365 course at a local college ( night school and I'm 50 ) -  Im losing my rag because a) we are being fed how to pass exams but not IMHO being taught to understand the complex principles ( previous 2 lecturers have left/ ran to the mountains/) b) the maths / science exam is on 12.6.14 and we only have 6 more sessions and not one of us are any where near ready b) I was told that the course would make me a qualified spark when I started the level 2 course - I now know I  need an NVQ level 3 with an approved company to get the nvq level3 ( Im 50 - who is going to take me on and Im working full time in another profession as well)  to be recognised as qualified c) NICEIC have given a talk to us at college but I am worried that I may never be able to achieve NICEIC standards and get work as a spark if not got the  NVQ level 3 cert- do I have a case against the local college for giving me p**s poor information when I started the level 2 course. d) I was told by the college that the C& G level 2 2365 would enable me to sign off my own work but I have since been advised by NAPIT that they expect C & G 2394 ( old 2391) - does anyone in the profession have a clue what they are talking about?

Should I continue and complete the level 3  ( bearing in mind I am 50 and an NVQ level 3 for me will be as rare as rocking hose poo- sorry for swearing ) and accept the losses but look on the bright side -I will know alot more about electricity than I did 3 years ago ?( rant over).

Niceic, napit et al will soon change their minds when you wave a cheque at them, they have hundreds, if not thousands of incompetent idiots signed up that done 5week courses and can barely wire a plug top.!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about an NVQ, that's another joke qualification,,,,,

I think at 50 you may have left it a little too late, I'm 58 and been doing it since leaving school at 15, I'm over the hill now, knees are shot, lower back is worn out and i'm taking more of a back seat now and letting the guys get on with it.

Max , I'm not too conversant with the latest money scams ... sorry qualifications , there seems to be dozens of them now ,  other Forumites have knowledge of such things and will doubtless post shortly.

The NVQ 3  crap has been talked of as a MINIMUM qually for a Domestic spark  I believe but I'd go with Stepps ....  take whatever exams you are doing and apply to a Part P scammer   .. provider  .     You don't need a 5 yr apprenticeship , including  practical experience on the tools anymore ...not since Phart Pee was introduced to lower the basic skill levels .     Just get bums on college seats .   So just go for it .   

The NVQ 3 is a farce, Its a student based photo shoot load of crap that proves nothing.

If your 50 and working in another profession, the chances are that your college is aiming to get a high pass rate, with little or no respect for quality of learning and understanding.

If you understand the fundamental basics of electrical science, you will understand everything in the universe.

Refunds not given.

The NVQ 3 is a farce, Its a student based photo shoot load of crap that proves nothing.

If your 50 and working in another profession, the chances are that your college is aiming to get a high pass rate, with little or no respect for quality of learning and understanding.

If you understand the fundamental basics of electrical science, you will understand everything in the universe.

Refunds not given.
What !!...Even why scissors don't work in your left hand ?    

The thing is see, without electricity the universe as we know it would not exist.

Thus electricity is THE most important thing known to man.

IF you can't comprehend and understand this then you are and will never be an Engineer... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts