Milwaukee tools

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISSWWW

Reaction score
Has anyone used or have any comments on Milwaukee power tools or Test Equipment?

Didn;t even know they did test gear!

I've read up on some of the power tools and asked about, not all that popular compared to the other established big boys but on a par quality wise apparently. I've always favoured Makita so tend to stick with them, if Milwaukee were about when I started buying tools I may have used them then, just stuck in my ways now though.

I thought they were a good qulity make?

I use a Milwaukee 18v drill & I have to say it knocks spots off the Dewalt with the new nano battery that I also have. Infact the Dewalt has been changed by dealer once & the batteries twice because the batteries are pants.

At least the Milwaukee charger, fully charges batteries in an hour the Dewalt ones kept giving damaged battery indicator after 3 or 4 charges.

you are right there Apache they are massive, they own VACs and Hoover as well as Hilti.

as above I bought the 18v drill and impact driver 3 months ago after being a lifelong Dewalt fan, excellent gear, really good quality, batteries are excellent as is the charger, cant find anything bad to say about them,

Only had one sds drill and that had the gearbox fall apart it was out of warranty and had hardly been used so I would not buy another. I generally use Hilti but do have Dewalt and Makita stuff but usually replace gear with Hilti although may try bosch stuff with the three year guarantee.

Milwaukee is the daddy apparently. I used to be a bosch man but the last couple of things I had which were Bosch Blue fell apart - inc the new 18V Li-Ion combi which lasted 1 day! My business partner just bought the DeWalt 18V combi and the batteries don't hold their charge. I am sticking with Makita now.

Milwaukee is the daddy apparently. I used to be a bosch man but the last couple of things I had which were Bosch Blue fell apart - inc the new 18V Li-Ion combi which lasted 1 day! My business partner just bought the DeWalt 18V combi and the batteries don't hold their charge. I am sticking with Makita now.
Trouble with sparks of all trades I think ours get used the hardest. As i was saying about the milwaukee SDS drill I had it packed up and hardly been used i went back to were i got it from and the seller said he thought it was ok as sparks tend to break there tools rapidly but to me a drill that cost over

Thanks for all your comments, i want to offer an alturnative to Makita on the web site and having seen the quality of these and the fact they do Test Equipment i think we will go with them.

I appreceiate your comments Batty and i hope that is not the norm, i will show your comment to the sales guy.

I`ve got the 18V Li-Ion combi cordless.....because:

They ALSO own AEG and Atlas Copco; and the batteries on ALL their units are interchangeable.

Because I had an AEG combi, the Ni-Cd batteries from that will fit the Milwaukee.

Again, I`ve never used their test gear, but was aware they made some.

For my money, the Milwaukee is a really good bit of kit.

KME

I`ve got the 18V Li-Ion combi cordless.....because:They ALSO own AEG and Atlas Copco ; and the batteries on ALL their units are interchangeable.

Because I had an AEG combi, the Ni-Cd batteries from that will fit the Milwaukee.

Again, I`ve never used their test gear, but was aware they made some.

For my money, the Milwaukee is a really good bit of kit.

KME
does anyone remember that stupid drill A C had out a few years ago, it came apart to make it fit between the joists....

1 week doing new build houses I got out of it.

total rubbish.

saying that, I have used some Milwaukee stuff in the past and it all seemed good.

does anyone remember that stupid drill A C had out a few years ago, it came apart to make it fit between the joists....1 week doing new build houses I got out of it.

total rubbish.
The bloke in Midland Tools was trying to sell me one 10 Years ago when I went in for an Armeg box cutter. Looked handy, wouldn;t have expected it to be up to much.

I have just been sent this link to the new Milwaukee micro site for their Test&Measurement range, perhaps those kind enough to have already done so and maybe others would have a look and let me know what they think?

Site is rubbish!

Tools may be OK.

Actually Mark, IIRC you have my personal contact details, I'm on the lookout for some special kit for a job I have guaranteed coming up.

Could you give me a shout please?

Ta,

Paul

Site is rubbish!Tools may be OK.Actually Mark, IIRC you have my personal contact details, I'm on the lookout for some special kit for a job I have guaranteed coming up.

Could you give me a shout please?

Ta,

Paul
Well in mate, straight to the point:D

I must admit i am more interested in what you think of the tools, look at this for instance, equivilent to Fluke T5 range.

However it reads up to 200a, Measures temp, has a built in Volt Detector and LED torch and comes in a case.

I am not trying to convince anyone here by the way, I really apreciate the feed back.