Multiple independent AC inverters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wouldn't need changeover switch, if genie is running charge controller would prevent PV from inputting to batteries, likewise whatever tells genie to start-up due to load/ flat batteries should register input from PV, and from what I've seen of off-grid genies they run according to demand/ autostart. I suspect Victron do an integerated control system for the lot!

I understand what ReadiesCards is trying to do with multiple systems, depending on the various roof orientations, I would suggest an inverter per roof space would probably work better and allow access to more MPPTs giving greater optimisation of the system. If shading or trees (leaves from, and where there are trees you get birds and poo) then as much as I like Solarworld, Jinko have just released a panle with MPPTs built into the panel to give optimisation at cell level, which looks very interesting.

Jinko is Chinese, but as the panels are heavily regulated by MCS and employ ISO9000 quality standards overlooked by TuV of Germany (they have an office in the far East) I don't have a problem with Chinese panles. Inverters are not regulated in the way panles are, therefore I do have big issues with Chinese products...

View attachment Jinko Maxim Commercial Flyer(1).pdf

Last edited by a moderator: