Need some advice on new server room

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I'm away at the moment got in late last night didn't get a chance. Just becaus someone isn't online 24/7 doesn't mean anything.

i won't be back until sat morning.

even still I don't see how a picture of a consumer unit confirms anything! I have never opened a consumer unit in my life, and never intend to. And there is no reason for me to lie on here it's not like I'm asking you guys to fix it for me. I've got what I came here for. Basically just confirmation my suspicions were correct.

im gonna make sure everything is done and watch the guy and tell him everything this time

and get a couple in for quotes. 

might not be much to you, but in the same way as you can probably tell a lot more about a server by looking at a pic of it then we could, we can tell a lot by a photo of wiring than you can. but hey, dont bother. its not as if were all here giving free advice and you cant even be bothered to help with providing some useful info...

calm down .

James we can give much better advice with a few pictures, your choice.
But I can't take the consumer unit apart to show you wiring. I just really don't understand how some of you think I'm making this up lol. I'd have absolutely nothing to gain!

pictures of the outside will help (showing breakers). Pictures on the incoming supply will also help. Pictures of the buildings will also help. You'll be surprised how much info we can glean from a few pictures james

But I can't take the consumer unit apart to show you wiring. I just really don't understand how some of you think I'm making this up lol. I'd have absolutely nothing to gain!

The suspicions arise due to anomalies and inconstancies between some of your earlier posts. Plus the fact that the forum has been going for quite a long time now, (e.g. our member Binky who has just posted has been a member since 2008), and over that time we have seen numerous threads start off about some work involving a "third party electrician" who eventually turned out to be fictional person and the work was really done by a mate/builder/DIY/relative "who knows about electrics" allegedly. No one is trying to take any digs at you, they are just trying to unearth as many clues as possible so that a more accurate answer/solution to your predicament can be offered. The old phrase 'a picture speaks a thousand words' is very often true on internet advice forums. Sometime people are describing what they think they have wrong. Which can completely reverse the guidance for the best solution.

Doc H.

Please tell us how you got on.spent the last 15 mins reading this thread.

On the edge of my seat

I've just read this thread and sounds like complete guff....30 odd servers on a tin pot installation.....no UPS and no back up gen......The 600W load of each server resembles the load of a commonly used light used for cultivation.......If I were a betting man I would bet it's a ganja factory with 30x600W HPS lights hence the reluctance to post any pics and the story that stinks of complete bull.

I've just read this thread and sounds like complete guff....30 odd servers on a tin pot installation.....no UPS and no back up gen......The 600W load of each server resembles the load of a commonly used light used for cultivation.......If I were a betting man I would bet it's a ganja factory with 30x600W HPS lights hence the reluctance to post any pics and the story that stinks of complete bull.
Lee you old cynic you, so the fact the guy didn't post his location or want any of us to help him didn't sway you, or was it the fact he runs several businesses from home? for me it was the bit about the incomer being in the house and the sub board is in a large warehouse yet there's only 15 mtrs of cable from incomer to board. My lounge is 15 mtrs X12 mtrs, the "warehouse" must be built onto the house.

hit, nail and head spring to mind :slap