new builds... plasterers are *******

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just because its a new build doesn't mean the block work will be bang on. You wanna see some of the stuff I've had to get over.

just because its a new build doesn't mean the block work will be bang on. You wanna see some of the stuff I've had to get over.
When you measure 3 or 4 times, for certain reason, and the measurements are spot on and the walls are far from out.

I dont think it gives an excuse at all for filling a box with plaster! on purpose, i can understand a slight amount

But for me to have to DIG a cable out its not how it works.

Ive done MANY new builds, renovations etc and never had this problem ever.

So its not normal or common practise

Next time you're on a job with him, cut the lead off his mixer drill -for a laugh

bend a peice of cardboard into your boxes once your done, it protects your cables and if you get a good bend on it, it will protrude slightly so the plasterer cant go over the box.

bend a peice of cardboard into your boxes once your done, it protects your cables and if you get a good bend on it, it will protrude slightly so the plasterer cant go over the box.
and they would just remove it strait away.

Next time you're on a job with him, cut the lead off his mixer drill -for a laugh
In the middle of his 'Bulk' yellow flexi builder carry bucket thing. :)

Calm down fellas not all plasterers are ******* I'm a plasterer and most sparkys say tuck the cable up for spots and they cut them out after, theres no point me cutting the holes cus I haven't got the drawings, I don't know where they go. I know 1 plasterer if he doesn't get on with the sparky he cuts cables and fills boxes, he's a d**k.
A team of plasterers on a job in manchester a few years back had to pay the electrical contractor

I have my contracts drawn up for such eventualities, and charge the customer accordingly, it is then up to them to reclaim from the plasterer.
i think i might have to add that to my contract, that any additional work will be charged

Unfortunately it is a sign of the times & not just platerers that can be complete idiots, I have had run ins with plumbers & wood butchers over very similar stuff.

I have always let them know before they start on anything, that if they damage my work they will be charged for correcting it accordingly.

Besides, they usually want their kettles or radios working on site. ;)

Spent most of this morning playing find the KO box, and marveling at the enlarged holes for my cables the plasters made in the ceilings(now i have to fix that before i can put accessories up grrr) got some pics on me phone will have to upload them when i get a chance.

charge the *****. there on price work and earn a mint a **** off home at 3pm everyday

Last edited by a moderator:
charge the c***s. there on price work and earn a mint a **** off home at 3pm everyday
Guess that word is missed by Admins uber swear filter.

Guess that word is missed by Admins uber swear filter.
It was banned - But after receiving complaints that words like "S****horp" were edited, I had to put it back. :_|

Can you not configure " cXXt*" or similar (i.e. word starting)?

why did one of my posts get deleted?

there was nothing derogatory at all in it!

well got a little revenge today, he has to come back and patch back up on his time plus he now needs to fix where i had to chop the capping out after plumbers hit a cable! (was directly over a visible KO box what did he expect??)

well got a little revenge today, he has to come back and patch back up on his time plus he now needs to fix where i had to chop the capping out after plumbers hit a cable! (was directly over a visible KO box what did he expect??)
but was the box visible, or completely plastered over?!

its one i dug out yesterday(infront of the plumber) who then proceeded to drill the cable at high level to put his pipe clips in..