new builds... plasterers are *******

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was banned - But after receiving complaints that words like "S****horp" were edited, I had to put it back. :_|
You can get round it by setting the swear filter to change every derivation of the word "c**t" to "S****horpe".

Then anybody using that word just ends up looking a right S****horpe themselves!

ROTFWL

ROTFWL Those pics are ace!!

I do a bit of plasterering my self (helps pay for my 2330 course fees) A tip i would give all sparks is to seal the back boxes over with masking tape and put a mark on the floor so you can go right back to it, they will have plastered over it but at least it wont be packed full like that d!ck-ed did!! just a trim with a stanley knife and its a neat as you will ever get.

If you get this done to you again just do what my lecturer used to do...pick up ya claw hammer and just walk down the wall smashing great big holes in it ever foot, the plasterer will only do it to you the once!! ROTFWL

Now that sounds like something that I would do & thoroughly enjoy whilst doing it!

I was doing a barn conversion and the spark lost a cable , he went round the room with his cable finder(hammer) it looked like someone had gone over the room with a machine gun.

Easier just to put some screws or ends of cables in holes so no chance of losing them to the plasterer

We will never get on with plasterers because when it comes down to it they always say the same especially if on piece work. For letter word followed by the electrician.

I have my contracts drawn up for such eventualities, and charge the customer accordingly, it is then up to them to reclaim from the plasterer.
Good thinking.

Out of interest:

(1) What wording have you used in your terms and conditions?

(2) How much do you charge for each point plastered over?

Cheers.