New Career Skills

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, I have requested my info pack so ill take a look, am i right in saying the eal domestic installer scheme is the part p pne that will let me work without having to tell anyone and will let me sign off my work also and issue a cert? I am currently doing my 2382, test next month so if all goes well that will be my next step..

Very nice, I have requested my info pack so ill take a look, am i right in saying the eal domestic installer scheme is the part p pne that will let me work without having to tell anyone and will let me sign off my work also and issue a cert? I am currently doing my 2382, test next month so if all goes well that will be my next step..
To be able to carry out your own work without the hassel of building control notification and to be able to cert it you will need to join a part p scheme i.e elecsa, napit, nic etc. Once on the scheme you can carry out any work within the part p domestic scope. To get onto one of the providers you will need the 2382 and the eal building regs. I'm not sure if the domestic installer scheme was required but it was well worth doing. Good luck with your exam and once you pass that (which I'm sure you will) look into taking the building regs exam then you should be there :)

for more info on elecsa, the part p scheme I'm with click on my website link below and then click the elecsa link. This will take you to the elecsa website which will explain everything you need to know

http://www.meadelectricalservices.co.uk/

ah good stuff cheers for that, lots to keep me busy anyway. soon as I do my 2382 ill do the rest to get registered, I think ill still try and get a mates job 1st to be honest, I need to have a bit of time to get some more tools, and a van, tester, all quite a bit of cash! well worth it in the end im sure.

What does the EAL Domestic Installer Scheme invole, I thought it was more aimed at trades that deal with electrics every now and again, like plumbers and kitchen fitters. I'm at college doing the C&G 2330 L3 is it worth doing after I have completed this course.

Tim

What does the EAL Domestic Installer Scheme invole, I thought it was more aimed at trades that deal with electrics every now and again, like plumbers and kitchen fitters. I'm at college doing the C&G 2330 L3 is it worth doing after I have completed this course. Tim
if you contact elecsa or nic they will tell you what you need, 2330 may be enough to join a scam.

the Domestic Installer Scheme has 2 levels, 1 for kitchen fitter and plumbers who may want to add a socket etc and 1 for Domestic Installers who want to wire a house.

I was at New career skills (with meady infact) and the quals i got from there impressed the assesser, he said i had more than enough bits of paper to join them.

There was 1 bit of confusion for me though, when i agreed to pay new career skills my money the sales man told me i could do single phase only wether domestic or comm. while on the course i discoverd that i could only do domestic wether 3 phase or single. while talking to Mr elecsa he said there is no part x,y or z for comm so i could do it as long as i follow the HSW act, well if you follow 7671 you will follow all anyway.

thanks

paul

Paul, what certs did you achieve from your courses that impressed NIC/elecsa I am waiting for a call from new career skills to give me some prices (ill be sitting down when they call!! i got a feeling it will not be cheap)

There is not much info on there site, and very little in the pack they sent (bit of feedback for them, creating a cloud of mystery!)

Paul I was told at a one day HMRC course recently that any college courses etc are nigh on impossible to claim a tax rebate on.AndyGuiness Drink
that has to be rubish. If you run a company and send a staff member off to update you can offset it against you tax bill, like you would if its a captital item (but with no depretion)

I believe that is true with IR35 but if you stay outside IR35 then it's not an issue. Remember that most people that work for HMRC (possibly even nearly all) have no real idea about tax and that is why tax bills can vary depending on who you talk to.

Ian.

Well done to you,we at new career skills are fine and dandy thank you we are not going bust, and we instill in to our students that this is not a 5 day quick course and that they will need to continue their education via experience long after leaving us. I have been a spark for many years and have seen good and bad throughout the industry. I would employ most of our students to do jobs that they are comfortable with. But lets face there are Sparks out there that did the conventional route that are beyond belief, I once employed someone that felt is was ok to isolate a live ciruit by touching it down to a metal gas pipe becouse he could not locate the breaker..... was he was ok to do that becouse he study for 4 yrs??????.Anyway the whole piont of my reply was to let our students know that the company is fine and we are growing in size not closing so there must be another provider that is... ROTFWL
Hi I am Training with New Career Skills at Doncaster & I think it is a quality training company.

I have just passed my 17th,2377 & part p building regs exams & now I am studying for my 2391 Inspection & test.

The tutors are seasoned sparks with a huge amount of knowledge, what they do not know is not worth knowing.

Reagrds Steve

greetings! done my 2382,2377 and building regs at ncs doncaster. have no regrets; its expensive but well worth it. the instructors are brilliant at what they do and possess years of experience. when you have done the training like i have and actually see how much you have learnt and have the confidence to go out on a job there must be something right with how the training is delivered. we just have to be reasonable because no training can teach all the necessary skills needed to be an electrician. that's aquired over an electrician's working life. obviously thats why organizations like he jib have different grading levels for electricians from electrical improvers to technicians.

Latest posts